Twin Turbo & Single Turbos

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
What are the main pros and cons of a single turbo and a twin turbo?
twin turbo are meant do make less turbo lag..
then what are the pros of using a single one?
is it true that a twin turbo is more suitable for those not inline engines?
as in v6 and all?

thank you in advance...

nx7010

Known Member
Sep 15, 2004
pros of single turbine could be cheaper and easier to configure and u can use bigger turbine? more lag but more power??

just guessing..... hahahaha my car NA :P

revolution3

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
twin turbo .. more maintainance for turbo .. n more fuel cosumption .if using eterna tt u cannot boost higher... better for top speed.. if single turbo u can up boost higher but.. depant for your stock engine..if gsrt 1bar olso can.. better install metalhead ..

Just my 3cent bro..

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Single turbo or Twin turbo.. watever your objective is, it can be done.. . it all depends on your preference in the approach.. stock twin turbo provides a more linear power with the least lag possible...

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Not to say that twin turbos are better for V engines but u can't have pipes running across the engine eh? so it's better for V engines to have twin turbo to save the piping hassle....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1st time:
About a year ago, he parked it right opposite of his mother's apartment guardhouse. According to the guards, their view were obstructed when a van parked side by side with my cousin's GTi. When the van moved away, the GTi vanished into thin air just like a David Copperfield magic trick.

It seems that my cousin was a victim of a syndicate that goes around stealing the hatch lock of GTi and making a key from it. Then they replace it back hoping the owner didn't notice it was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience