Turbo Life Span

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
I have a 12 yr oild 4g92 proton stock 1.6, if i fit in a turbo will it destroy the engine faster than a new engine with addin turbo?

If so, how long will it be destroy?

Anyone will be fine, juz give me opinion...

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
tk2005takeru said:
I have a 12 yr oild 4g92 proton stock 1.6, if i fit in a turbo will it destroy the engine faster than a new engine with addin turbo?

depends how you drive ur car loh... rev all the time... sure will die faster loh....

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
I mean erm... An engine w/out turbo but i wan to put in, anything need improvement to the block or something so that the engine won't explode suddenly, saw 1 in KL last time, that car's hood got a hole liao, dunno he put what into his fuel or engine, maybe 'kuk' too much... LOL

Oh ya, tell me the cost effective way to make a engine safer when playing with turbos... Change the whole engine to a turbo edition or improve the current engine and add in a turbo...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Before deciding how many children you want to have, I think you better first decide which girl you want to marry.

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Still dun get it...

OK, before I wan to put in a turbo, what must I modify the car? exaust? intake? So that it will run on optimized condition for the turbo to work. I've done strenghtening the chassis so it wont be a problem... Next is what before that turbo?

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
I know, but very ma huan... Need to ship in from Semenanjung... And also the $$, I wan to buy a FD later about 3 more years... Kena tabung, dun waste money 1st...

My objective is use the turbo as good as I can handle it in a louzy car so that later I won't spoil the FD turbo... I heard that FD engine is hard to find these days...

Joeker : -.-" Dunno what U mean... Please enlighten me...

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
tk2005takeru said:

i knw what he means guys....that means u wanna bolt in a turbo kit into ur stock engine? well....i think the amount of money u are gonna need to change stuff from this to that is gonna cost u just as the same amount as getting a turbo engine like gsr or evo3. and moreover....i dun think ur stock 4g92 can take it bro...u'll see what i mean....just spend a lil more money to get a turbo charged engine than doing the modifications urself....besides....the engineers of mitsubishi din go through all their efforts in creating turbo engines like gsr and evo for nothing right?.....where are u from anyway?

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
hehe...Joeker is a Jocker... he ask u marry first before changing turbo... :D

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
zero_kool :
Roughly how much it will cost to get a turbo engine? And also the requirements before bolting on the turbo what will I have to change? I heard like changing the whole car... From braking to fuel pump... BTW, I live in Sabah, hard to find better halfcut engine here like 4g63T or so. And also is 4WD legal in Proton cars?

Joeker :
U wan me marry who oh? I change the engine to tarik gals lar...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
I would like to know whether the stock Waja steering audio controls can be used to control aftermarket HU or not. If can, how to DIY?
BTW, I am not owning a WAJA, just wondering the possibility of having a waja steering to control some of my HU controls. Thanks in advance for the help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience