Turbo Life Span

tk2005takeru

Jun 15, 2005
KK
I have a 12 yr oild 4g92 proton stock 1.6, if i fit in a turbo will it destroy the engine faster than a new engine with addin turbo?

If so, how long will it be destroy?

Anyone will be fine, juz give me opinion...

tykoh

Jun 30, 2004
tykoh88.blogspot.com
tk2005takeru said:
I have a 12 yr oild 4g92 proton stock 1.6, if i fit in a turbo will it destroy the engine faster than a new engine with addin turbo?

depends how you drive ur car loh... rev all the time... sure will die faster loh....

tk2005takeru

Jun 15, 2005
KK
I mean erm... An engine w/out turbo but i wan to put in, anything need improvement to the block or something so that the engine won't explode suddenly, saw 1 in KL last time, that car's hood got a hole liao, dunno he put what into his fuel or engine, maybe 'kuk' too much... LOL

Oh ya, tell me the cost effective way to make a engine safer when playing with turbos... Change the whole engine to a turbo edition or improve the current engine and add in a turbo...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Jinjang
Before deciding how many children you want to have, I think you better first decide which girl you want to marry.

tk2005takeru

Jun 15, 2005
KK
Still dun get it...

OK, before I wan to put in a turbo, what must I modify the car? exaust? intake? So that it will run on optimized condition for the turbo to work. I've done strenghtening the chassis so it wont be a problem... Next is what before that turbo?

tk2005takeru

Jun 15, 2005
KK
I know, but very ma huan... Need to ship in from Semenanjung... And also the $$, I wan to buy a FD later about 3 more years... Kena tabung, dun waste money 1st...

My objective is use the turbo as good as I can handle it in a louzy car so that later I won't spoil the FD turbo... I heard that FD engine is hard to find these days...

Joeker : -.-" Dunno what U mean... Please enlighten me...

zero_kool

Nov 17, 2004
tk2005takeru said:

i knw what he means guys....that means u wanna bolt in a turbo kit into ur stock engine? well....i think the amount of money u are gonna need to change stuff from this to that is gonna cost u just as the same amount as getting a turbo engine like gsr or evo3. and moreover....i dun think ur stock 4g92 can take it bro...u'll see what i mean....just spend a lil more money to get a turbo charged engine than doing the modifications urself....besides....the engineers of mitsubishi din go through all their efforts in creating turbo engines like gsr and evo for nothing right?.....where are u from anyway?

WBH8668

May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
hehe...Joeker is a Jocker... he ask u marry first before changing turbo... :D

tk2005takeru

Jun 15, 2005
KK
zero_kool :
Roughly how much it will cost to get a turbo engine? And also the requirements before bolting on the turbo what will I have to change? I heard like changing the whole car... From braking to fuel pump... BTW, I live in Sabah, hard to find better halfcut engine here like 4g63T or so. And also is 4WD legal in Proton cars?

Joeker :
U wan me marry who oh? I change the engine to tarik gals lar...

I would like to know whether the stock Waja steering audio controls can be used to control aftermarket HU or not. If can, how to DIY?
BTW, I am not owning a WAJA, just wondering the possibility of having a waja steering to control some of my HU controls. Thanks in advance for the help.