Travelling round the world in a Landrover Defender 110 to raise funds for disease

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

I just bumped into these couple while doing a photoshoot for the UTAR photo society. They were camping in their home converted Land Rover and was resting in Kellie's Castle. Norman & Barbara Seddon have travelled and left Birmingham, UK since June 2010 Last year. They will be circling the globe and their next stop is East Timor and then Australia and then going around USA, before heading home to Birmingham, indeed an awesome travel plan, gotta do it one day in my life!

Further reading, I realised Barbara , the wife, has Huntington's Disease, they are raising fund in hopes for research to be done in hope of recovery. Please sincerely donate to the couple, if you could guys.

Here's their website, Home

(Our personal message. On returning from our trip to South and Central America in 2007 Barbara was becoming very fidgety and forgetful and so she went for a check up. It was then she was diagnosed as having Huntington’s Disease. It was a terrible shock. Huntington’s Disease which is often called HD is a hereditary disorder of the central nervous system. HD is caused by a faulty gene on chronosone 4, the faulty gene leads to damage of the nerve cells in areas of the brain. This leads to gradual physical, mental and emotional changes. Each person whose parent has HD is born with a 50/50 chance of inheriting the faulty gene. There is currently no cure! It is always terminal. HD is not confined to the UK but is world wide. We love travelling and decided on this trip, while we are able, to bring awareness of HD to as many people as possible and to raise as much money as we can for the vital support it gives to families who are affected by HD, and hopefully a cure. Please sponsor us now. Thank you very much.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Huntington’s Disease Association gets your money faster and, if you are a UK tax payer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in gift aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.)
Norman Seddon is fundraising for Huntington's Disease Association

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
a very good article...respect.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

btw.......... hows ur S600 ?? doing good ??

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
In their golden age, they still want to contribute to the society although the wife is not in the best of health. Let's sponsor them guys.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifu,

I would like to do skim 4G15 engine head to increase compression ratio as well.

May I know how many max mm that can skim which do not harm engine head and at the same time still got some allowance for next skim if engine head bending?

Please give your comment and advise, thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience