Timing going up, down, up, down

jawoliso

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
Just bought a brand spanking new Kelisa Limited Edition. During the run-in process, I notice the car timing will go up 2000rpm(highest) to 0750rpm(lowest). This happens when u want to stop the car at traffic lights or sometimes when u depress the clutch when slowing down to change gear.

Now after servicing it at 1000km, it is still like that loh..ask the pomen there at Perodua said its like that one, still new was the reason given.

Wanna check is it true or not that this will clear out by it self?

jawoliso

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
Went to re-tuned today. Was OK for the first 10km, now back again the up, down, up, down. Wanna drive back to service centre but got stuck in traffic jam. Maybe tomorrow, if have time lah.

Uhh..now the central lock not working when u press on the brake..:angry:

storm_bird

Known Member
Dec 31, 2005
warghhh... very sympathy with u larr... of course u will upset rite??? brand new car with brand new problem.... wuwuwuwu... very sad...

jawoliso

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
:sad_smile: Went back to the service centre, still cannot solved the timing problem. Thinking of going to other service centre. :baring_teeth:

azhargoth

Feb 8, 2006
www.jdmcivic.com
IMHO...my car last time kena that coz the throttle body got problem..if up down up down means it is not the timing..1 more check ur air-cond fan maybe its dead or halfdead (slow) wil caused ur a/c compressor hot..

my2cents

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
Try going to another bigger Perodua service center branch bro. There should have better technicians there to encounter your timing problem. Concerning about the car central locking, it happened to my sister's Kelisa too. The best solution to it is to ask for warranty to change the whole alarm system. Most probably this problem is caused by faulty alarm system.. :regular_smile:

jawoliso

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
azhargoth said:
IMHO...my car last time kena that coz the throttle body got problem..if up down up down means it is not the timing..1 more check ur air-cond fan maybe its dead or halfdead (slow) wil caused ur a/c compressor hot..

my2cents
Notice that the car's air-con not cold. Must put to max on normal days. If hot days, feel like melting inside the car lah.

Ronald_loulan

1,000 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
Bukit Serdang
Visit site
A/c
will effect the timing oso...
If the A/c fan not working properly,the condenser cant release heat....
Then the compresser will cut off n on n cut n on all the way....

jawoliso

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
How do I check the A/C fan working or not?

azhargoth

Feb 8, 2006
www.jdmcivic.com
jawoliso said:
How do I check the A/C fan working or not?
on ur a/c and look if the a/c fan trigger in certain time period..and see if there any oil around ur compressor..i face up and down timing prob. lastime when my fan stop functioning while the a/c still on when idle...if ur symptoms r like me "maybe" thats is the prob..r ur a/c cold when car in idle? if ur fan is not functioning well or sometimes on/off..on/off dont use a/c it may bring more damage to ur a/c compressor...and compressor are not cheap/.!:sad_smile:

Thanks

justMy2cents...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
jawoliso said:
:sad_smile: Went back to the service centre, still cannot solved the timing problem. Thinking of going to other service centre. :baring_teeth:
tiu them kawkaw ma....if cant solved the problem...ask them close shop la...open shop n cant solve problem then wat the purpose for them to open service center?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
jawoliso said:
Went to re-tuned today. Was OK for the first 10km, now back again the up, down, up, down. Wanna drive back to service centre but got stuck in traffic jam. Maybe tomorrow, if have time lah.

Uhh..now the central lock not working when u press on the brake..:angry:
wa...ur new car so many problem.....beter sell it off.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, any reco regarding this engine transplant ke? I have a budget around 2K so far. One more thing, is there any rear disc brake that can be fitted.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience