Titan users, SIGN IN! got a question

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
I just had Titans installed on the weekend and I have a question.

Is it normal for the car to be hopping non-stop on the road? My settings are pretty hard right now, i can really feel every single bump and imperfection on the road. BUt is it normal for the car to be hopping? could it be because the shocks aren't "seasoned" yet?

my gf said the car looks like it's shaking its booty down the road =.=

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
no, it should not be shaking its booty on the road. must be because the settings are too hard for ur setup...

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
but when the time u hit the track it will be too soft :)

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
haha aiyo-yo.. how la like this..

any long term damage? other than my interior falling apart la.. lol

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
why change your stiffness settings?

get JKR to do road repairs! tell them TITAN does not like bumpy roads.

but seriously, stiff suspensions are cool. you can play .... avoid the potholes when driving. I know i do.

lingeshr

Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
KL
maybe u should get uncle Richard to make ur suspension at the Medium level

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
haha aiyo-yo.. how la like this..

any long term damage? other than my interior falling apart la.. lol

after installing my car has got more of the rattling sound :)

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
cow,
check your dampers. somebody could have slipped up and did not match the dampers to your spring stiffness. get uncle richard to check it a.s.a.p.

i'm running 9kg/mm FR and 6kg/mm RR and i don't get much hopping unless the road is really bumpy.

what are the spring rates you're running? and also what ride height did you ask uncle richard to set?

sometimes too low also could cause the hopping feeling since titan suspensions are monotube construction so the lower you go, the more suspension travel you sacrifice thus giving more chance for the damper to finish it's travel in a short period of time.

xteiner

Known Member
Oct 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
ask richard to help u soften the compression and make your car height alittle higher...then it'll be more comfortable...=D

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
cow,
check your dampers. somebody could have slipped up and did not match the dampers to your spring stiffness. get uncle richard to check it a.s.a.p.

i'm running 9kg/mm FR and 6kg/mm RR and i don't get much hopping unless the road is really bumpy.

what are the spring rates you're running? and also what ride height did you ask uncle richard to set?

sometimes too low also could cause the hopping feeling since titan suspensions are monotube construction so the lower you go, the more suspension travel you sacrifice thus giving more chance for the damper to finish it's travel in a short period of time.

whatdamn, what car are you running the suspension on? What is the height between your wheels and the body?

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
the softerning very subjective, some shocks uses spring and some uses suspension to give you comfort, my RG monoshocks having 1 finger front and 1.5 rear but quite comfortable also. better test a few times to suite your needs.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
s1997,
been running them on my putra for the past 2.5 years and the gap between the fender and the tire is about 35 mm at all four corners.

davidv00,
what exactly are you trying to say: "some shocks uses spring and some uses suspension to give you comfort"?

that sentence is very wrong because in general a suspension system consists of a damper (which is your shock absorbers hence "shocks") and a type of spring be it parabolic, tapered or coil shaped.

i reckon you should correct your post so that the correct terms are used for the point that you're trying to deliver.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to ask, i want to do complete rebuilding and bluepriting for both my 1.6 mivec engine and gearbox. how much will it cost? (estimated price?)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience