Titan users, SIGN IN! got a question

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
I just had Titans installed on the weekend and I have a question.

Is it normal for the car to be hopping non-stop on the road? My settings are pretty hard right now, i can really feel every single bump and imperfection on the road. BUt is it normal for the car to be hopping? could it be because the shocks aren't "seasoned" yet?

my gf said the car looks like it's shaking its booty down the road =.=

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
no, it should not be shaking its booty on the road. must be because the settings are too hard for ur setup...

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
but when the time u hit the track it will be too soft :)

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
haha aiyo-yo.. how la like this..

any long term damage? other than my interior falling apart la.. lol

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
why change your stiffness settings?

get JKR to do road repairs! tell them TITAN does not like bumpy roads.

but seriously, stiff suspensions are cool. you can play .... avoid the potholes when driving. I know i do.

lingeshr

Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
KL
maybe u should get uncle Richard to make ur suspension at the Medium level

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
haha aiyo-yo.. how la like this..

any long term damage? other than my interior falling apart la.. lol

after installing my car has got more of the rattling sound :)

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
cow,
check your dampers. somebody could have slipped up and did not match the dampers to your spring stiffness. get uncle richard to check it a.s.a.p.

i'm running 9kg/mm FR and 6kg/mm RR and i don't get much hopping unless the road is really bumpy.

what are the spring rates you're running? and also what ride height did you ask uncle richard to set?

sometimes too low also could cause the hopping feeling since titan suspensions are monotube construction so the lower you go, the more suspension travel you sacrifice thus giving more chance for the damper to finish it's travel in a short period of time.

xteiner

Known Member
Oct 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
ask richard to help u soften the compression and make your car height alittle higher...then it'll be more comfortable...=D

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
cow,
check your dampers. somebody could have slipped up and did not match the dampers to your spring stiffness. get uncle richard to check it a.s.a.p.

i'm running 9kg/mm FR and 6kg/mm RR and i don't get much hopping unless the road is really bumpy.

what are the spring rates you're running? and also what ride height did you ask uncle richard to set?

sometimes too low also could cause the hopping feeling since titan suspensions are monotube construction so the lower you go, the more suspension travel you sacrifice thus giving more chance for the damper to finish it's travel in a short period of time.

whatdamn, what car are you running the suspension on? What is the height between your wheels and the body?

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
the softerning very subjective, some shocks uses spring and some uses suspension to give you comfort, my RG monoshocks having 1 finger front and 1.5 rear but quite comfortable also. better test a few times to suite your needs.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
s1997,
been running them on my putra for the past 2.5 years and the gap between the fender and the tire is about 35 mm at all four corners.

davidv00,
what exactly are you trying to say: "some shocks uses spring and some uses suspension to give you comfort"?

that sentence is very wrong because in general a suspension system consists of a damper (which is your shock absorbers hence "shocks") and a type of spring be it parabolic, tapered or coil shaped.

i reckon you should correct your post so that the correct terms are used for the point that you're trying to deliver.

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
s1997,
been running them on my putra for the past 2.5 years and the gap between the fender and the tire is about 35 mm at all four corners.
Whatdamn, What is your current configuration for spring rate? Mines getting a bit bouncy. Was thinking that if i were to soften the spring, the handling may not be as good as when they are harder.

What do you think?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
s1997,
i've stated it in my previous reply to this topic, 9kg/mm FR and 6kg/mm RR.

just to give you a figure to work with, the original spring rate for MOST STOCK wira/satria/putra is around 2.43kg/mm FR and 1.71kg/mm RR. let's forget the stroke of the shock absorbers (which is actually very important but for simplicity, we'll leave it out). so anything above this number should give you a firmer ride if not bouncy.

sometimes, we tend to forget the little things that actually can have a significant effect on our car's handling. such as the condition of the ball joints and rubber bushings. also, do yourselves a favor by checking the condition of your anti-roll bar links as well as the bushes. when re-fitting the front bushes, make sure that the height between the top of the nut towards the end of the link (ie. away from the lower arm) is no more than 22mm. it is very crucial that you do NOT over-torque these because you will cause premature failure of the rubber bushes/polyurethane bushes you've just purchased.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
whatdamn: 9kg front???? isn't that a bit too hard? i dunno.. cause if i'm not mistaken i'm running on 5.5kg front and 4.something rear.. haha i forgot..

but anyway, the hopping not so bad already now, maybe i have gotten used to it or the suspension is settling in. I actually feel like i want it harder right now, LOL.

blackie: sign in d then got discount on planta and ghee, haha

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
u all asked richard what spring rates u run, or he told u all without asking?

i never even bothered to ask him. hehehe

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
cow, i think i went for a 7 front and 4 rear. Its very bouncy. Whatdamn's setting sounds very firm to me.

khoyos, are urs bouncy?