Tire Price list Zth

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
RE-002 are good tyres, if still grip well might as well keep for a while longer.

Tyre leak nothing to do with alignment....lol
First check for puncture. A nail or screw embedded in the tyre will have slow leak. If there are no puncture, next you need to check the area where the tyre fits the rim. Lay it flat on the ground apply soapy water around the tyre where it fits to the rim. Do for both sides. If still no leak then check the valve area, also the dust cap, see if anything inside. If all fails to have any leak, last resort submerge whole wheel in water. If still no leak, then I also cannot help you.....hhahhahahha:rofl:
i think i probably have to send it for the submerge test, there's nothing on the tyre that i can see.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Yup, 225 to 235 probably ok but tyre more expensive.

225/50 can but 55 will be too high.
If change 2pcs, put new to the rear to finish the old one up front, but best is all 4pcs.....lol

225/45R17 V12Evo2 for RM380 ok mah.....:driver:
55 will be great for comfort, i guess the max that i can go is 50 only.
good thing is i'm on adjustable, hence still quite flexible.

mind me asking, why new tyre on rear?
mine is a FWD, i always see a lot of debate on this.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
as bro vr mention, new to the rear to finish the old one up front, to speedup the wear on old tyre so u can change to new one fast..:driver::smokin:

anyway, how good is landsail, i saw 9th gen accord use it,evoque use it..merc (w212)...:smokin: which model landsail are good?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah, 235/45 is costly..

i'm actually thinking of switching to 225/50 or 55 for more comfort but if i were to switch, i got to change all 4pcs..

mind me asking, how much you pay for V12 evo 2?
was quoted RM380 + GST in johor..
i find it quite expensive..
Yup, 225 to 235 probably ok but tyre more expensive.

225/50 can but 55 will be too high.
If change 2pcs, put new to the rear to finish the old one up front, but best is all 4pcs.....lol

225/45R17 V12Evo2 for RM380 ok mah.....:driver:
Yes, stick with 225/50/17 if want more comfort coz 225/55/17 is too big already for your car. Even my car also only use 225/50/17 last time.

If 225/45/17 V12 Evo2 should be able to get for just over rm300, see example below:
https://www.mudah.my/Tayar+Baru+Hankook+V12+Korea+2254517-59818346.htm

Yup... I love wide hips :biggrin: what happens if I go for 275/40 instead?
That size will be the same diameter as your current 245/45/18, so will be 2.8cm bigger outer diameter! Surely will be more comfortable coz already 11cm sidewall but not sure can fit or not on yours, plus acceleration and FC will not be as good.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Guideline in general is new at the rear because it's safer especially in the wet as the front will aquaplane first and therefore you'd understeer first which is easier to recover instead of oversteer. However if your other older pair are still in pretty good condition, say >60% then IMHO better to put the new at the front to even out the wear, then rotate regularly afterwards so later all 4 finish at the same time. With the new at the front, you also will feel your steering back to more responsive plus the comfort of new tires. If you're a pretty good driver also, should be no issue with a bit more grip at the front, in fact they would prefer such feeling of sharper turn in from the new tires. So in short, it depends. :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guideline in general is new at the rear because it's safer especially in the wet as the front will aquaplane first and therefore you'd understeer first which is easier to recover instead of oversteer. However if your other older pair are still in pretty good condition, say >60% then IMHO better to put the new at the front to even out the wear, then rotate regularly afterwards so later all 4 finish at the same time. With the new at the front, you also will feel your steering back to more responsive plus the comfort of new tires. If you're a pretty good driver also, should be no issue with a bit more grip at the front, in fact they would prefer such feeling of sharper turn in from the new tires. So in short, it depends. :biggrin:
If you have read my post like bro. marshal, he want to change tyre size, so that is why new to rear and old to front to wear them off, so that he can change another 2 to even them out......lol :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSz7cm6MwH0

The debate is shown in above video. However it all depends how bald are your old tyres. More than 50% and less than 50% will give different results......lol:driver:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
what do you guys think about UC6 and dunlop D05?
Both made in malaysia.

at Lazada.my, UC6 is going for around RM365 for 225 50 17 but no delivery
Dunlop D05 is going for RM340 with delivery..

Those guys who stay at KL, very lucky..
you guys always get to enjoy good tyre pricing..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Both made in malaysia.

Dunlop D05 quite normal tyres only.
UC6 is in between CC6 and MC5, so sort of entry to mid tyre only. If want to try Conti, go for their new MC6, now categorized as UHP already....lol

https://paultan.org/2017/10/04/continental-maxcontact-mc6-launched/

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Dunlop D05 quite normal tyres only.
UC6 is in between CC6 and MC5, so sort of entry to mid tyre only. If want to try Conti, go for their new MC6, now categorized as UHP already....lol

https://paultan.org/2017/10/04/continental-maxcontact-mc6-launched/
"Currently, only selected sizes are being rolled out, but the full range will be available by February 2018. "

wow... nice, ok.. stay put then, shall not continue to poison myself further in changing tyre. :itsme:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
as bro vr mention, new to the rear to finish the old one up front, to speedup the wear on old tyre so u can change to new one fast..:driver::smokin:

anyway, how good is landsail, i saw 9th gen accord use it,evoque use it..merc (w212)...:smokin: which model landsail are good?
Don't use such China cheapo stuff la! Even their so called UHP also actually not good if you read the reviews carefully, and they compete with other mid-range tires instead! Already got cheap Hankooks still want cheaper huh??

If you have read my post like bro. marshal, he want to change tyre size, so that is why new to rear and old to front to wear them off, so that he can change another 2 to even them out......lol :biggrin:
Haha IC, then yeah just put the new ones at the rear then, just as generally recommended as well.

Both made in malaysia.

Not worth it. UC is just 1 level above their shitty CC series, so still not good. D05 is also mid-range tires only. You should get the V12Evo2, seriously. Should be cheaper than other reputable UHP tires including the new Malaysian made MC6 (MC6 price range is similar to the RE003/Fleva)

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Don't use such China cheapo stuff la! Even their so called UHP also actually not good if you read the reviews carefully, and they compete with other mid-range tires instead! Already got cheap Hankooks still want cheaper huh??

yea, i was just wondering. Those car aint cheap but paired with those tyre. Current economy hit em hard i guess. :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yea, i was just wondering. Those car aint cheap but paired with those tyre. Current economy hit em hard i guess. :hmmmm:
I have seen Lexus and Mercedes using them too. One of my tyre shop friend did mention cheap tyres now easier to sell. Even mid costing ones have slowed down. Top end still ok, as die hard have to use....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have seen Lexus and Mercedes using them too. One of my tyre shop friend did mention cheap tyres now easier to sell. Even mid costing ones have slowed down. Top end still ok, as die hard have to use....lol
To me that's no excuse. Able to buy such expensive cars yet be so cheapskate on tires is just pathetic! Just look at them when they buy other things like wheels or bags or watches or clothes for example, they don't mind spending a lot, do they??? Why? because those things SHOW how rich they are, so it's all about SHOWING OFF, that's why!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heya! Mudah.my is having its Malaysia’s Biggest Car Sale right now with exclusive discounts and deals on selected second-hand cars! Find out more about it here!

View attachment 578068
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience