Tire Price list Zth

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Nah, just average Ecsta HM's. Not even Ku31. It crossed my mind since ku36 hardens fast.

Also izso, i think it kinda harden already. Was thinking of trading it in for some discounts. :p

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
What kind of shop will have such old stocks of performance tyres I wonder.
Got...u never know, especially if u are 1st timer to their shop and find that u know nuts and only trust what they say then.... u know la hehe! :biggrin: :party:

Look at the drain of the tyre, there's usually a notch or something that's inside the valley of the drain. Use a ruler or guestimate how high it is from the top of the notch to the top of the drain (the tyre outer surface. General rule is 2-3mm or more. Anything less means you're running almost threadless tyres.

Don't bother changing the tyres first, get that ARB. Then wear out the tyres :biggrin:

Got la. The extinct Yoko AD07 and Michelin PP2 are available if you know where to look. But they usually come in really weird sizes.

PP2 hard to find adi, that time I ask they only still producing 165/55/14 but I think now totally stopped.

Will call and ask for his size if he is interested haha! Won't be cheap :rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I pity casual buyers. :bawling:
Have to learn a bit or two then might get con less. Either that, may choose to get conned and learn from there which is more expensive tuition fees :rofl:

Just check tyre condition and manufacturing date, then u r safe la. But also must know market price.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good lord. It's a tyre from around June 2012. Saw a 2612 on it.
Also, treadwear 340, traction AA, temperature A rating? I kinda wonder how they do the traction and temperature rating.
Temperature nothing to worry about as A already the highest.
Traction rating is straight line braking G force in wet.

For your reading....But a lot to digest.....:biggrin:

Traction Grades

UTQG Traction Grades are based on the tire's straight line wet coefficient of traction as the tire skids across the specified test surfaces. The UTQG traction test does not evaluate dry braking, dry cornering, wet cornering, or high speed hydroplaning resistance.

The Traction Grade is determined by installing properly inflated test tires on the instrumented axle of a "skid trailer." The skid trailer is pulled behind a truck at a constant 40 mph over wet asphalt and wet concrete test surfaces. Its brakes are momentarily locked and the axle sensors measure the tire's coefficient of friction (braking g forces) as it slides. Since this test evaluates a sliding tire at a constant 40 mph, it places more emphasis on the tire's tread compound and less emphasis on its tread design.

In 1997, the UTQG Traction Grades were revised to provide a new category of AA for the highest performing tires in addition to the earlier A, B and C grades. Previously the A grade had been the highest available and was awarded to tires that offered wet coefficients of traction above 0.47 g on asphalt and 0.35 g on concrete. Today the grades and their traction coefficients are as follows:
Traction
Grades Asphalt
g-Force Concrete
g-Force
AA Above 0.54 0.41
A Above 0.47 0.35
B Above 0.38 0.26
C Less Than 0.38 0.26

Unfortunately the immediate value of this change to tire buyers will be limited. Use of the AA grade will first be seen on new tires that are introduced after the standard was enacted and will then appear later on tires that have had the required wet traction all along, but were introduced when the single A was the highest available grade.

Temperature (Resistance) Grades

The UTQG Temperature Grade indicates the extent to which heat is generated/ or dissipated by a tire. If the tire is unable to dissipate the heat effectively or if the tire is unable to resist the destructive effects of heat buildup, its ability to run at high speeds is reduced. The grade is established by measuring a loaded tire's ability to operate at high speeds without failure by running an inflated test tire against a large diameter high-speed laboratory test wheel.
Temperature
Grades Speeds
in mph
A Over 115
B Between 100 to 115
C Between 85 to 100

Every tire sold in the United States must be capable of earning a "C" rating which indicates the ability to withstand 85 mph speeds. While there are numerous detail differences, this laboratory test is similar in nature to those used to confirm a tire's speed ratings.

Unfortunately for all of the money spent to test, brand and label the tires sold in the United States, the Uniform Tire Quality Grade Standards have not fully met their original goal of clearly informing consumers about the capabilities of their tires. Maybe it's because tires are so complex and their uses can be so varied, that the grades don't always reflect their actual performance in real world use.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

The last bit, that one need experience and contacts. :biggrin:
You learning a lot here, right?:biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Quite a lot. :biggrin:
So... After going through all that reading... All I can say is... The ratings don't mean anything. In the real world applications, at least. They do give a little impression, but... Too vague to determine its capabilities.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Is it on the tyre itself? Would go and have a look on it later.
Best price? I have a feeling about that too.

Also, what's the average lifespan of Kumho tyres?
Good lord. It's a tyre from around June 2012. Saw a 2612 on it.
Also, treadwear 340, traction AA, temperature A rating? I kinda wonder how they do the traction and temperature rating.
Wait 340 ?

The one im using is 180-AA-A. You sure yours it's KU36 ? I been using it since March/April and whack quite much at touge it's still slightly below 50% now.

P/s ops pardon me, did not read latest pages.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, im thinking of changing my rear drum brakes to disc brakes, and im looking for brand new (not 2nd hand or chop shop). So what's the cheapest brand out there that i should look for ? And usually how much does the conversion cost ?

In sunway all i can find is project mu and spoon (caliper only) and they are f**king expensive. Dont mention brembo, ap racing, alcon bla bla, until i die also cannot afford

P/S: it's for honda accord sv4
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience