The Biggest Modified Car BS

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Salam/Greetings

Do apologize if this has been discussed before.
The Biggest Modified Car Bullshitters We

Once I've met a guy who put a massive GT Wing on his stock auto putra... reason being he could not get enough downforce when enjoying Karak Hiway

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I cannot believe how ignorant that Corolla owner was. I didn't finish watching that vid because that Corolla owner was just too embarassing to watch. WTF

Speaking of interesting characters, what about a certain blue turd sentra owner who called everyone morons because we didn't have our cars tuned by the 'sifus' who don't use the internet? :biggrin:

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
I cannot believe how ignorant that Corolla owner was. I didn't finish watching that vid because that Corolla owner was just too embarassing to watch. WTF

Speaking of interesting characters, what about a certain blue turd sentra owner who called everyone morons because we didn't have our cars tuned by the 'sifus' who don't use the internet? :biggrin:
:idea:

14"? Tomei? Genting?:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Salam/Greetings

Do apologize if this has been discussed before.
The Biggest Modified Car Bullshitters We

Once I've met a guy who put a massive GT Wing on his stock auto putra... reason being he could not get enough downforce when enjoying Karak Hiway
pimp my ride malaysia thread...

i've always wondered...with huge GT wings and no downforce at the front end...wont the car sorta nose up with the extra huge clownforce pushing down at the rear?

peeche

Known Member

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
when i was young, first i got my license.. my friend introduce a friend of him.. he told me that the dude is a car expert. one day that dude told me he just change his car's turbo.. as i know his car is NA.. :confused: once he show me his car.. the one that i can see is a proton satria with new exhaust.. :banghead::banghead::banghead::rofl::thefinger:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
when i was young, first i got my license.. my friend introduce a friend of him.. he told me that the dude is a car expert. one day that dude told me he just change his car's turbo.. as i know his car is NA.. :confused: once he show me his car.. the one that i can see is a proton satria with new exhaust.. :banghead::banghead::banghead::rofl::thefinger:
He probably trying to bullshit or maybe he himself don't know what is turbo.....:confused::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Something similar to the 17" rims and GT Wing + Surbo Vios kind of comments...:banghead:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
pimp my ride malaysia thread...

i've always wondered...with huge GT wings and no downforce at the front end...wont the car sorta nose up with the extra huge clownforce pushing down at the rear?
Yup... made me wonder too

the pimp my ride thread mostly on the cosmetics.... but the article that I've shared is more of all-round BS modification and the moronic comments they made :rofl:

plan to see all vids by tonite, last night manage to see only the Mountain-Dew-stoned-Rolla owner :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Talking about roof vortex generators, GT spoilers and front carnards...I met a guy at this body kit shop....I was waiting for my friend so that guy thought I was the shop assistance. He came up to me and ask me about the 2 items...I ask him for what car...He said for Kenari....Then the following words from him was unbelievable but I just play along with him....

Guy: Boss, looking for sonic hair and the front scraper like time attack car..
Me: ??????? Sonic hair?? front scraper???
Guy: Neh...like the evolution got one on roof like sonic hair one and this (he show me an image of a canard in his phone)
Me: Oh~~~vortex generator and front carnard..
Guy: Ya ya ya....
Me: What car?
Guy: Kenari
Me: ????
Guy: the car feel not stable at 120km/h leh....my friend said if put the scraper (canard) the front will have more grip and will cut the wind go up so the tire more grip and corner more stable...
Me: oh~~~~~
Guy: the spoiler I want those GT type the original spoiler very small..cannot cut the wind also....the rear feels very light....want to make it more stick the road....
Me: want more grip on road put glue on tire la...joking with him
(I start looking for the biggest spoiler and canard I can find...I found the EVO Vortex replica kit and told him)
Me: Nah, you need this complete with spoiler, sonic hair and scraper....this set sure make your car stick to road like a gecko..guarantee can cut wind upside down...
Guy: this set nice how much ah?
Me: wait I ask my boss....
(I walked outside the shop, call the boss and told him someone want to buy stuff inside the shop..Then I faster cabut)

The guy was still with his P sticker....

Last edited:

keeltha

Known Member

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
TitanRev... you are truely evil !!! Instead of sharing proper knowledge with him... You mislead him further !!
:banghead::banghead:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Keeltha, hahahahahaha......I bet the boss of the shop would have told him no need to put those stuff.....some people are just lazy to search or gather information before modding the car.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
voltex generators & canards on n/a cars...:biggrin:
Look fast maaaaaaaah.. look fast can already.. car not fast nevermind. Fierce can already

:biggrin:

No but seriously I've seen a canard being used on a Putra and it really did help the guy with his frontal grip. But I think he had the angle all wrong or something and in the end the whole bumper got ripped off. Oh he was using it on track days, not street driving.

Don't know what the 'sonic hair' is used for though.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
izso, to generate vortex so car become more faster...

keeltha

Known Member

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
I got a story to share... my colleague friend's friend told him that his dc5 did 330km/h on highway...in Malaysia...

p/s: Downforce start take effective beyond 150km/h right ?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I got a story to share... my colleague friend's friend told him that his dc5 did 330km/h on highway...in Malaysia...

p/s: Downforce start take effective beyond 150km/h right ?
330km/h in Malaysia Highway? Guess that's the reason why u post up in this thread :rofl:

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Don't know what the 'sonic hair' is used for though.
It is to generate a vortex of air so a wormhole can be formed just behind the car. Once the wormhole has been generated, the forces of gravity will push the car down and forward thus adding to overall clownforce and adding an additional 15% BHP and a further ~10% wHP if the wormhole is just 1micron away from the sonic hair.

This phenomenan is how sonic is able to run upside down when he achieves teminal velocity and goes into spinning mode. Scientists have been able to copy sonic's speed while eliminating the need to spin before achieving terminal velocity (via 10% WHP increase in power and additional clownforce) by placing the row of sonic hair in parallel to the wormhole instead if in line to the wormhole. By doing this, scientists have been able to average out the forces produced from the wormhole thru-out the surface of the vehicle it is placed on.

Scientists have cautioned though that there is a chance that the sonic hair if improperly installed with cheap double sided tape will come off at high speeds. When this happens, the wormhole becomes very unstable and instead of pushing the vehicle forward and down, it instead becomes a pathway to Thor's homeland. This has only been recorded once during testing and this was the root cause of the huge tsunami which happened thruout the Indian oceanfront which caused widespread destruction. Thor was shitting at that time and did not enjoy having a wormhole suddenly open near his anus sucking on his excrement hence sent his hammer thru the wormhole which was the root cause of the creation of the mega tsunami. Stories of the tsunami being caused by a giant undersea earthquake is a hoax. Everyone knows that earthquakes are caused by surbo's that are improperly installed which disrupts the strings of universe. Users can rest assured that all currently sold sonic hairs will not so easily fall off at high speeds as manufacturers have signed an international accord that all manufactured sonic hairs AKA vortex generators will be affixed with 3M double sided tapes.

peeche

Known Member

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
dc5 330kmh possible ah? the gearbox can tahan?
if even the car able to reach 33o km/h.. does his ball can tahan.? :thefinger::rofl:

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

If it is true... then
Bugatti dont need W16 4 turbo, V6 will be enough tho...

If 330-100 km/h... I wont post it here :rofl:
malaysian road summore.. karak highway or nse.? hebatt.!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
330km/h.....is crazy speed keeltha

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ididn't know that any dc5 can go to that speed....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
R35 I can believe la...DC5...:stoned:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
dc5 330kmh possible ah? the gearbox can tahan?
That day AES caught Super Car only doing 260 plus, right? So DC5 is faster.....:confused: :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

R35 I can believe la...DC5...:stoned:
Dc5 faster because GTR 35 I think top speed is around 318kph only....:rolleyes:

2,000 RPM

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
once my sonic hair on a lancer kotak tercabut at cyberjaya, was not that fast though, the sound was loud (pom!) i though something landed on my roof

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
123, manage to find that piece back?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
It is to generate a vortex of air so a wormhole can be formed just behind the car. Once the wormhole has been generated, the forces of gravity will push the car down and forward thus adding to overall clownforce and adding an additional 15% BHP and a further ~10% wHP if the wormhole is just 1micron away from the sonic hair.

This phenomenan is how sonic is able to run upside down when he achieves teminal velocity and goes into spinning mode. Scientists have been able to copy sonic's speed while eliminating the need to spin before achieving terminal velocity (via 10% WHP increase in power and additional clownforce) by placing the row of sonic hair in parallel to the wormhole instead if in line to the wormhole. By doing this, scientists have been able to average out the forces produced from the wormhole thru-out the surface of the vehicle it is placed on.

Scientists have cautioned though that there is a chance that the sonic hair if improperly installed with cheap double sided tape will come off at high speeds. When this happens, the wormhole becomes very unstable and instead of pushing the vehicle forward and down, it instead becomes a pathway to Thor's homeland. This has only been recorded once during testing and this was the root cause of the huge tsunami which happened thruout the Indian oceanfront which caused widespread destruction. Thor was shitting at that time and did not enjoy having a wormhole suddenly open near his anus sucking on his excrement hence sent his hammer thru the wormhole which was the root cause of the creation of the mega tsunami. Stories of the tsunami being caused by a giant undersea earthquake is a hoax. Everyone knows that earthquakes are caused by surbo's that are improperly installed which disrupts the strings of universe. Users can rest assured that all currently sold sonic hairs will not so easily fall off at high speeds as manufacturers have signed an international accord that all manufactured sonic hairs AKA vortex generators will be affixed with 3M double sided tapes.
lol..too much time ah..

vortex generator...by Mitsubishi..COSMETIC only...

2,000 RPM

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
123, manage to find that piece back?
i saw it lying on the highway from my rear view/side mirror if i'm not mistaken (happened many2 years ago), didn't bother to take it back, cheap only bought at superstar accessory

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Now now....not that I say that vortex generators don't work...I believe the one factory fitted on Evo does work...but it doesn't mean any car can fit vortex generator and it will work given that those sold are copy or replica without any precise measurement or testing.

pwhyze

500 RPM

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i still cant believe the dc5 can go 330kmh.....got proof anot?
Rileks2...there's no way that DC5 can go to 200mph..haha,no need proof.

Vortex generators, IIRC were designed to delay flow separation from the surface, thus cleaner airflow to the rear wing. On a Evo, I have no doubt that it works to certain extent, but a Vios? Hiuhiuhiu......:embarassed:

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i assume after tonight's episode of 999 on TV3.....therell be an even bigger bullshit? hehehehhehe

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
meter rosak. using non calibrated aftermarket meter?
Reading your post now I know how he manage 330kmh. He saw the speed on the speed board on the Kerinchi link coming in from the Federal Highway. I did it once it showed 450kmh, but actually was doing 70kmh......:driver: :biggrin::biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Talking about rice boy mods eh? Used to have one site that's mocking those mods: addmoreHP but now already closed. It was fun while it lasted though. :D

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

330kph DC5? Even my 8yr old boy who learns most about cars from playing GT5 knows that's a load of BS! :biggrin:

keeltha

Known Member

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
There must be a reason I post the "330kmh" in this thread right ? Stop asking proof nor take it too serious la... :banghead:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I remember the quotes from the other forummers....each sticker adds certain amount of horsepower...example NOS sticker...the bigger you put the more HP la.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Reading your post now I know how he manage 330kmh. He saw the speed on the speed board on the Kerinchi link coming in from the Federal Highway. I did it once it showed 450kmh, but actually was doing 70kmh......:driver: :biggrin::biggrin:
there my kapcai also can go 360km/h on the sweeper corner u know.... :rofl:

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Now now....not that I say that vortex generators don't work...I believe the one factory fitted on Evo does work...but it doesn't mean any car can fit vortex generator and it will work given that those sold are copy or replica without any precise measurement or testing.
correct. every car has a different flow seperation point. it's not to say vortex generators dont work but there is a lot of airflow testing to get it to work correctly. there are many variables such as how many spikes, how tall, angle, height, distance even the shape of the spike matters....

autospeed did a very good write up on the use of vortex generators to keep the airflow laminar.

read it all here

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
there my kapcai also can go 360km/h on the sweeper corner u know.... :rofl:
So you have tried it too......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I remember the quotes from the other forummers....each sticker adds certain amount of horsepower...example NOS sticker...the bigger you put the more HP la.....
GTi add 5bhp, NOS 10bhp and so on......hahahahaha:rofl:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

arturo

nooB

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
TR...talking about the door sticker issit? those placed under the side mirror?

also remember there was a time when fake brembo caliper covers + fake disc brakes was quite hot?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
TR...talking about the door sticker issit? those placed under the side mirror?

also remember there was a time when fake brembo caliper covers + fake disc brakes was quite hot?
Was? I think even now many are still using those fake brembos! Just today I saw a black Vios in my office parking lot using those fake brembo calipers and still looks very bright red new!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Was? I think even now many are still using those fake brembos! Just today I saw a black Vios in my office parking lot using those fake brembo calipers and still looks very bright red new!
Yup, still have not was......:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wtf sonic hair also come out. I googled "sonic hair" instead of vortex generator (well, just curious what would come out) and all sorts of colour Sega Sonic and punks with bombastic hairs. So means if ur car is as fast as sonic, then you'll probably need it :biggrin:

Install on car without a rear wing...just a waste of $ la...it only creates a continuos flow to your rear wing thus having more differential pressure to create downforce. A laminar flow will have "wakes" at the end of the surface plane thus the flow is messier. Unless you always do 200kmh, who damn cares? Install Garfield sticker is even better...at least it might attract some girls.

And the hair on evo, I don't think they test run it in a wind tunnel coz I'm not aware that Mitsubishi having any. Just high tech flow simulation in a Core i7, maybe

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Car Talk 7
9 Car Talk 88
E Car Talk 1