Tappet Noise

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
Hi sifus,

i just changed my engine internals recently, but ever since, there's this irritating tappet noise. most significant in the morning when the engine is cold. when i asked my workshop, they said the tappets will take some time to realign themselves. is it true? is there a way to solve this problem? there wasnt any noise b4..

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
What engine are you using? me too having the same problem, im using 1.6 MIVEC, i need to change the rockers for eliminate the noise. some say can dip in to petrol to clean the spring internals, some also say this will not last long. Just sharing what i know!

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
my engine onli 1 year old wor..hmm.. is there a workshop tt can align the tappets properly?

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
ehh my 1.6 mivec also encounter same problem ,but after i add oil additive tuff oil (i not promoting product ya) the teppet sound just reduce abit and open the music loud to ignore the teppet sound. my teppet sound just happend after i use shell 5-30w

darkwizard

Jul 10, 2006
Kaching...
I read in Mivec forum from NZ they mention need to follow the manufacturer recomendation for Visc spec. Cannot use too thin oil. The Manufacturer spec is 10W-40 grade.

Before i found that forum and its informations sharing, i am using 5W-50 grade oil and i think that is the cause of my problem. I am having a very loud engine tappet noise (Diesel lorry sound)

Here is a link of how it sound...
YouTube - 4G92 MIVEC-MD

Better find the correct oil before too late. (Now i need to save enough money and get enough MIVEC Parts number to order some of the parts before can start performing overhaul as i don't want my car to be laying in garage waiting for parts).

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Some member said Q8 Gold color can reduce teppet sound. But expansive

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Wa after i hear the teppet sound of the youtube link,, i think my engine tappet sound is normal :biggrin:

edmunz85

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2006
ok i jus had da same prob n solved it...usin a gsr...changed main bearing 2 months ago...stupid workshop din change my valve seal after seein its bad....once take car after bottom overhaul....tappet sound very loud...louder then da youtube clip...like conrod patah...takes like 20mins of drivin4it to go off.....sumtimes drive long oso still got...then off engibne n start back it'll go away....if the prob is severe like very loud noise then the 4men can straight away know which tappet rosak n replace it...in my case 2 tappet gone...normannly same site....my advice get a good4men....most of them lazy so ask u top overhaul straight...jus go change few tappet...problem over...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im currently using a myvi1.5 bought it around april. During my 2nd service i notice there was a rough sound coming out from my engine when i rev up my rpm to 1k. They told me it was my water pump making noise so they did change it (warranty). they sound was there and it got louder after about using it another 5k km then i went to the SC to check and they ask me to change my water pump again but i refuse because they did not rectify the problem and they want to change my water pump again so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience