Taking Care of a White car

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by g88@Jan 27 2005, 20:37
i parked my white old junk 24 hrs outdoor open air since house dun have cover car park :(....the only thing i did to maintain is wash, wax and polish regularly...already last me for 5 years place since i respray the car...still look kilat and new heheheh
i hear you're a freak and even go out and wipe down your car after it rains bro, and your car can match new white cars :P

about parking under trees or nearby bushes i'd advice against it.

1. bird droppings
2. tree sap
3. dunno what kinda animal(s) drop/crawl from the tree/bush into your car (lizard) :ph34r:

Got once I thought so lucky got nice shady tree and nobody park.
Park there visit my friend shop then cabut.
Later my gf told me got a lizard on the window, luckily outside.
160kmh oso still can stick to the glass :blink:
Later park somewhere and swept it away, i think it landed on someone elses car :unsure:

White car maintainence terrible, hehe, used to do a lazy wash run it with water and wipe it with cloth or sponge every two days. Metallic grey is so easy to maintain :P

If you're going to wax often invest in a buffer, you can use it for your house floors too. Last time I hand polish until my wrist wanna fall off and yet the polish seems uneven when you get tired and consistency is different.

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
Tell me abt a white car. I used to get so sick of of it. Just finished washing...the next day, dust and light marks.

Recently, discovered that the best way to maintian a white car is .....spend 10 minutes everyday, a sponge or cloth on your right hand and water hose on the other. Just water down.

Si-beh tahan...the last time I polished...cannot lift my arm for 2 days.

Btw, do you guys put visors on your windows? is it better with or without ar?

cheers,
s-c

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
salute you guys man....everyday also need to rinse and wipe.
i am enjoying being lazy with a silver matellic color afetr 3 white cars :P

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
autoglym works for me.
easy on and off.

the others like soft 99 leave alot of debries.
turtle wax i used before is good to remove stains but polishing the bonnet the paint work unbalance and got streaks.....coz at the end too tired to polish liao :(

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
seraph, turtlewax caused swirls on my car too. :( anyway another easy on easy off wax would be meguiar's nxt wax. although it is a polymer sealant. kinda expensive though.

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
what do the differences, each of these do to our car? wax is wax...isnt it?

cheers,
s-c

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
before CNY..i polish my car.....next day, cannot lift both my hands!!

what does on/ off means le?

seraph...is that your photo or your friend's photo? [just curious]

cheers,
s-c

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
the avatar is stolen from some website featuring webcam girls. :lol:

when waxing must wax on then off, mah, right?
on is when applying the wax on the surface.
then off is when removing it.
then only super licin and nice :)

unless i've been doing it wrong all these years :unsure:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by Seraph+Jan 31 2005, 01:04 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Seraph @ Jan 31 2005, 01:04 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-g88@Jan 27 2005, 20:37
i parked my white old junk 24 hrs outdoor open air since house dun have cover car park :(....the only thing i did to maintain is wash, wax and polish regularly...already last me for 5 years place since i respray the car...still look kilat and new heheheh
i hear you're a freak and even go out and wipe down your car after it rains bro, and your car can match new white cars :P

. [/b][/quote]
I aint freak but just like to maintain my car paint and make sure it's clean and shinning always....you jealous ar ? :lol:

Here's the result upon all the hardwork :P :D

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by g88+Feb 17 2005, 00:29 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (g88 @ Feb 17 2005, 00:29 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Seraph@Jan 31 2005, 01:04
<!--QuoteBegin-g88
@Jan 27 2005, 20:37

I aint freak but just like to maintain my car paint and make sure it's clean and shinning always....you jealous ar ? :lol:

Here's the result upon all the hardwork :P :D

[/b][/quote]
jealous lah :(

but lately my problem isn't with detailing my new cars getting scratched by jealous idiots and stone damage.

how you protect against those stones hitting your grille and bonnet?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004

1. Don't drive the car so much :lol:
2. Don't drive on rocky road...

Mine also got kena...can't do anything...touch up balik lor... but i am on option 1

Le3hy0r1

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Seraph@Feb 17 2005, 00:33

jealous lah :(

but lately my problem isn't with detailing my new cars getting scratched by jealous idiots and stone damage.

dun drive, :D
btw, i know how to wax on, but what about off ? u use another clean clothe ??? :(

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by g88@Feb 17 2005, 00:44

1. Don't drive the car so much :lol:
2. Don't drive on rocky road...

Mine also got kena...can't do anything...touch up balik lor... but i am on option 1
g88- how u touch up balik?

le - yeah, usually with a seperate cloth when wax off.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I want to respray my black EG6 to those Spoon yellow with black hood. Anyone knows which particular yellow this. Any color code that might help. I dont want to do it and end up having the wrong shade of yellow.

Also, my car is currently black and has a dent on the left door panel that requires knocking.

What i want to do is to spray the entire car with Yellow 2k paint and black hood. How much would that cost estimatedly. Any experienced forumer here can help me out so i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience