Straight Flow Muffle

eddyWMF

Jul 2, 2005
Puchong
Any one can advice? i have a " Supersprin" straight flow muffle. tried to installed to my Waja1.6auto before, lack of pick up. what should i do or what to add to make this straight flow muffle available to my car? I'm 70% city drive, changed 4-2-1 and centre bullet. Cfu helpssss!!

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Straight flow lack of pick up?!hm..something gone somewhere wrong..go proton section n ask..there is a waja club..go go!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
most probabably the perforated section (inside the muffler) has a bigger diameter than the inlet, this is quite common but i can't confirm that. my muffler however maintains the 2.1 OD inlet to outlet. make sure u ask the guy who recommended the exhaust to you. and also look at it urself. nothing beats hands on experience :)

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
i guess its bcoz of the auto tranny...auto tranny seriously needs a s-flow muffler 4 xtra back pressure...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
thr is a long debate over straight flow and semi flow muffler. on teori, by right we shld make the gas flow as smooth as possible but in auto tranny case, its big time debate case.

to me, i do used to owned Waja auto. tried out various of exhuast config. i think if calculated full set exhaust, i'ved changed 3 sets before. at the end, 4-2-1 extractor with semi flow muffler is the best combination that i'ved experince on my Waja.

im not saying the teori is wrong but to me, i believe in my own test and trial result hence i believe my own. whahahah

eddyWMF

Jul 2, 2005
Puchong
Thanks for opinion, basically i understand this type of muffle is not suitable for auto tranny at the first place but i really love the outlook of the tail-leh, can i add more bullet to increase back presure?? :confused: .If not last sulotion: cut the tail and weld it to my stock muffle hahaha...

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
yup agree wit huakenny ..

last time my 1.6 satria also use HKS dragger straight-flow..u can feel the pick up will lack a bit power and the power comes when at around 3k rpm..

then i change to s-flow hotbits ..can feel the difference..in terms of pick up and lower gear to drag...

Straight Flow honestly is for Turbo like engines where pick up power has already available .. now i am satisfied wit my s-flow more then my HKS dragger ..lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I currently have a Mercedes w124 e220. It's inactive due to so many problems collected along the years. I'm trying to find a good workshop to do engine conversion. Planning to fit a 1jz in it as I heard it's powerful and easier to maintain compared to rb25. Will have to consideregister changing the brakes too. Suspension has been changed, currently using bilstein absorbers and eibach springs.

So i'm looking for a good workshop that converts engines and does a beautiful job. Need advise.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience