Straight-Flow Muffler For A/T Car with the use Paddle Shift

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Guy...
As some of you know. Im using a CBU Honda Jazz GE8 that is equip with Paddle Shift.
Now I am thinking of changing my exhaust system starting with muffler.

I would really like to know what is the best setup for a Auto Car with Paddle Shift.
Which one is better 'Straight Flow' or 'S-Flow' Exhaust Muffler.

As my car equip with paddle shift.
I usually use 'S' mode on my gear so that I can fully operate the gear changing by using paddle shift (-) (+)
Everytime I drive the car I use the paddle shift quite a lot.
At least 80% of my driving with paddle shift even on city driving and I'm rarely use 'D' mode which is Auto Gear Mode.
On highway I travel once a week KL-IPOH with mostly paddle shift.

So I am thinking of getting an S-FLOW Exhaust Muffler as it's yet the most suitable exhaust muffler for Auto Car in order to get and maintain the torq of the car so that the gear changing is in a good timing.

When it comes to a car even its an Auto BUT it have paddle shift that allow you to manually change the gear anytime you want, Wouldnt it be problem for it to use with Straight Muffler ??

This will make the car more likely a manual car that is best suit with straight muffler.
Even its auto car with straight muffler with the use of paddle shit to get full control the gear, the torq is always there as we are the one controlling the gear.
Not like those auto without paddle shift that uses Straight Muffler the torq of the car will likely lose and the gear changing become slow and not in right timing.

So guy...would it be problem if I use a Straight Muffler (J's Racing) on my daily drive car that I drive mostly with Paddle Shift ?

I would really appreciate all of your opinion and knowledge in order to help me to find the right answer...

Thanks

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
i will suggest u opt for s flow. straight flow noisy la. unless u always merempit not afraid gb problem and u think u really can tahan the noise. even u can ur passanger might not

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Hello Guy...
As some of you know. Im using a CBU Honda Jazz GE8 that is equip with Paddle Shift.
Now I am thinking of changing my exhaust system starting with muffler.

I would really like to know what is the best setup for a Auto Car with Paddle Shift.
Which one is better 'Straight Flow' or 'S-Flow' Exhaust Muffler.

As my car equip with paddle shift.
I usually use 'S' mode on my gear so that I can fully operate the gear changing by using paddle shift (-) (+)
Everytime I drive the car I use the paddle shift quite a lot.
At least 80% of my driving with paddle shift even on city driving and I'm rarely use 'D' mode which is Auto Gear Mode.
On highway I travel once a week KL-IPOH with mostly paddle shift.

So I am thinking of getting an S-FLOW Exhaust Muffler as it's yet the most suitable exhaust muffler for Auto Car in order to get and maintain the torq of the car so that the gear changing is in a good timing.

When it comes to a car even its an Auto BUT it have paddle shift that allow you to manually change the gear anytime you want, Wouldnt it be problem for it to use with Straight Muffler ??

This will make the car more likely a manual car that is best suit with straight muffler.
Even its auto car with straight muffler with the use of paddle shit to get full control the gear, the torq is always there as we are the one controlling the gear.
Not like those auto without paddle shift that uses Straight Muffler the torq of the car will likely lose and the gear changing become slow and not in right timing.

So guy...would it be problem if I use a Straight Muffler (J's Racing) on my daily drive car that I drive mostly with Paddle Shift ?

I would really appreciate all of your opinion and knowledge in order to help me to find the right answer...

Thanks
eventhough u're using paddle shift, it's still an auto coz it's not u shifting the gear box it's the electronic gadget + torqe converter that does it. if u ask me stick to s-flow that u say best for Auto tranny. u'r manual paddle shift is just to overwrite the revv control system of full auto tranny. but for higher up cars the manual shifting of the auto gear box is better than cheapo ones so less lagging in gear shift.like my kancil (coz I also manually change my gear shifting)e.g: for D position gear, it will revv up to 3.5k rpm @ 20km/h for first gear than auto to 2nd gear, but when use manual shifting I can go redline 5.5k rpm @ 40km/h before shifting to 2nd gear.

Last edited:

savvy001

Aug 7, 2006
eventhough u're using paddle shift, it's still an auto coz it's not u shifting the gear box it's the electronic gadget + torqe converter that does it. if u ask me stick to s-flow that u say best for Auto tranny. u'r manual paddle shift is just to overwrite the revv control system of full auto tranny. but for higher up cars the manual shifting of the auto gear box is better than cheapo ones so less lagging in gear shift.like my kancil (coz I also manually change my gear shifting)e.g: for D position gear, it will revv up to 3.5k rpm @ 20km/h for first gear than auto to 2nd gear, but when use manual shifting I can go redline 5.5k rpm @ 40km/h before shifting to 2nd gear.
paddle shift doesnt make ur car a manual :biggrin:

FYI , i have mod bullet and straight flow n1 jasma ,my savvy manual
i took the chance to ask the tauke in penang mainland,

he say auto must use sflow ,
because auto car need slow exhaust flow ,

manual need fast ,

i feel that i regret buy without silencer ,
straight flow is noisy , bicycle rempit and those like to walk center of road , u press abit they know got car already , no need to press horn .

reverse time tekan vroom vroom abit , then some motorbike or car know gt people reverse especially block by bigger car when reversing,

but my pets doesnt like it , i feel regret didnt take the jasma with silencer ,

sooner i maybe convert to sflow soon

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Use Mugen style twin loop muffler, it sounds a bit sporty but still silent, freeflow but yet still maintain torque.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Focal Point would like to wish all its Chinese customers a Happy and Prosperous New Year. On this auspicious occasion we would also like to thank all our customers, supporters and car enthusiasts who have in one way or another given us hope and inspiration in bringing quality products to these shores.

Hi-Gear products from USA have since been added and we also thank you for your patronage.

Have a safe journey. Happy Holidays. Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience