Starting Problem

TRDi

Apr 24, 2010
eastern
I got this same problem few years back,where the engine turn off by itself when i stopping e.g at trafic light or when trapped in traffic jam,sometime it can start immedietaly,sometime after cranking few times it can start,sometimes after cranking many many times it wont start at all.

same also like i drive then i stop at grocery shop,it wont start and after waiting for some times like 10 to 15min,it will start again,i have bring them to lot of workshop,hundred of answer i received,ranging from o2 sensor ro fuel filter,to fuel pump and wiring problem. At times i almost give up with the car cause it cause me trouble and embaresment with this problem.

i have change the o2 sensor,fuel pump and filter and do lot of diagnostic problem which cost me thousand,but the problem still coming back,even i admit it ok for a few months but then at some time it coming back. I completely clueless,feel like i want to throw the car into the river,but luckily not cause i love altezza, well back to the point,after sometime i meet a mechanic and he check the whole car,then he found out there is one long wire frpm engine connected to the crankshaft sensor, and the wire inside became brittle because it located beside of engine, and he say the electrical signal maybe not clear like astro service when it is raining,so he replace the whole wire,which cost only around $2,and until up to date,the problem never happen again.:burnout:

Reactions: alcyon

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

currently think of stroke up my evo 4 4g63 engine with 4g64 2.4L grandis block, but my mech ask me to hold on,wait for confirmation until people prove that the block can be use, my mech told me , he suspect that the starter position is different from 4g63,4g63 is at btm part of the block, but 4g64 starter position is near middle, if just put in the block will resulting in starter being block and heat up by the turbo.... any evo sifu had done this successful?i know evo 1-3 can but how about 4...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience