Spy shots of Lotus Coupe (2+2)/proton sports

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
integra headlights (Jap design), waja sport rims (Malaysia Boleh)... and what else? they want a V6 engine into this Small Little Car?

hah? oversized gti rims.. narrow tyres? and interior quality looks a bit like gen2 plastics

a guy at paultan.org's forum stated that proton's sports car base on the elise is code-named "sepang".. U GUYS MUST BE KIDDING ME! SEPANG??? lol!
sorry proton guys but i truely hope its not true... no offends but i believe u guys can do better than "sepang"
oh wait i think i get it.. sepnag is link with racing and motorsports.. thats why its code named sepang...hhhmmmm.... my bad..
well any how i'd love to see our own home grown sports car.. pls make it affordable so i can upgrade my kancil to the sports car..
take it easy guys...

4agze said:
integra headlights (Jap design), waja sport rims (Malaysia Boleh)... and what else? they want a V6 engine into this Small Little Car?

the final look appears to be a muted version of the concept M250.
Would be nice if the the aggressive lines were retained.

The 2+2 sport coupe it will be GM2.0 engine. (90% probability)

Quite likely saving the GMV6 for the esprit which has a high probability to be fully assembled in tanjung malim for world market. (shifting away from UK)

Hope the lotus/proton guys gets the part bin sorted out before march 2006 launch. (in time for summer in europe)

I wouldn't call it homegrown.

Judging by all the rumours, it is going to be a lotus elise chassis and body and an American engine. The badge would be Malaysian though.

Lotus Engineering UK has always code-named their projects after race circuits worldwide. eg If I remember correctly Project "Zandvoort" was the new Exige and Projects Monza was the new Elise.

SpeedWanker said:
a guy at paultan.org's forum stated that proton's sports car base on the elise is code-named "sepang".. U GUYS MUST BE KIDDING ME! SEPANG??? lol!
sorry proton guys but i truely hope its not true... no offends but i believe u guys can do better than "sepang"
oh wait i think i get it.. sepnag is link with racing and motorsports.. thats why its code named sepang...hhhmmmm.... my bad..
well any how i'd love to see our own home grown sports car.. pls make it affordable so i can upgrade my kancil to the sports car..
take it easy guys...

Code name only la brother... CODE NAME... But if they come up with something like, Proton Sepang... I'll be bitchin' all the way to Timbuktoo!

Last edited:
maybe cos we are malaysians la it sound a bit out...let see some mat saleh pronounce Sepang maybe a bit stylo and make sense ;) just my two cents hehehe

hell, let they put any codename on it as long as they launch that car soon!

looks no bad wor... but interior kinda like all plastics... performance wise tak tau lagi... even if its underpower, hopefully its handling is as good as the exige lar..

psyk said:

correction, that's M250 (Lotus concept car) which appear in one of the international car show far before Proton have Gen.2 in their mind. Gen.2 "duplicate" the interior of M250, not the other way round.

btw, the Lotus Europa looks nice for me.
Lotus have their own Production line and QC standard in UK, I dun think Lotus will assembly that car in Malaysia.
Proton QC sucks big time, but not Lotus.

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom