Spraying Car Rims

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
archangel : if im not mistaken i saw ur car be4 in LS..eermm..ur wif one of ur fren installing back dat Enkei rims..cus ur car look damn familiar wen u post it up in here..mebi i was wrong..but confirm same colour and same rims..and if im not wrong dat time ur car got no rear disc brake..and yes i second u dat LS wheels boss is nice..as he told me b4 dat his using 2k paint for the rims ,not those can spray..but it will cost more than RM 50 p/rim ..
and as for rims repair..LS oso can do the job..if ur rims is dented,skimming will do the job but the structure of the rims wont be as strong as lastime..but if got holes at the rims and need to be covered, use copper ..dun use those normal metal to weld..sooner later ther will be holes again..eventhough it is expensive but it is worth it..price quite reasonable..

cress

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
where is LS Wheel as previously mentioned?? Need to send my rims for skimming and respraying la..... Btw, how do they charge ?? According to rim size? Color? Amount of repair done???

Do they provide temporary wheels while mine is being repaired ???

Cheers guys.............

coolest98

Apr 20, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by greenjacket@Oct 23 2004, 15:44
to coolest98, hey dude, hows yor car now?? got it fixed?? yes u can spray that color, the color u r asking is similiar to my rim, but look at the picture that u post, the finishing is damn good, there r some uneven surface which is noticeable when u take a closer look at my rim. 2 bad, their (the shop i recomend) best sifu is left the workshop, he can spray out amost lookalike te37 bronze color, but still, their service is one of the best, they dont potong u, they giv u appropriate advice, very friendly (yes indeed).

so good luck guys ;)
greenjacket,

if nothing happen tomolo, my car should be able to discharge from the hospital lo~~~ :D :lol: .. so happy. finally, got all the spare parts n fixed, but the tail lamp still need another 2 weeks to be arrive. anyway, pm me ur number la, so maybe we can meet up, and go to the rim shop together ler, anyway they got lend me spare rims while they spraying my rims ar?.. thanks :P

lionelk

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
DP, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by ArChAng3L-@Oct 21 2004, 20:19
i would personally recommend LS wheels cause i sprayed my rims there also..

when i asked at Hup Soon, they quoted me a price and then i told them that i wanted gold colour for my rims, they said "wah, gold ah? like that have to charge higher lor" and i was like "WTF?" and the fellas there quite lanci also ;)

then i went over to LS wheels which is nearby, and the boss really replied me and answered me politely..not lanci also..very friendly. he quoted me RM60 per rim i think..and their workmanship is good..they told me they use 2k paint for their painting and i heard Hup Soon uses those normal can spray

it's better for you to bring a colour sample for them to see..then it'll be easier for them :)

to fix rims, they charged me RM40 per rim, and they also have to see the dent la..if the dent too keng, then sure charge higher lor ;)
I just finished refurbishing my rims there. Have a look. Very good job...

lionelk

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
DP, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by gti88@Oct 26 2004, 23:06
lionel,

How much they charged you for polishing the lip and the dish area ?
They charged me RM300... But took 1 week... :P

They did a good job though, looks like new now.

LyzardLaki

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
kl
Visit site
i spray my rims at klang...pass the rims thru my frenz...
at place called jam motor - they majoring in Kcar convertion

my 1st 16" rims, they charged me for rm100...sprayed to white from silver....

and recently, i sent my 'new' rims, to them, including repair 1 rims,
they charged me rm300...
this is when i got my 'new' rims..noticed 1 rim is dented a bit...

this is current look...they gosok habis, from the ori color, then, spray undercoat, then, 2 layer color, lastly, clear coat, and result, my rims is
strike out than my car...

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by metalbox@Oct 23 2004, 10:08
what colour of these rims?
available in can spray or not?
plan to paint rims on my own... ;)

hi guys :) ..
does any1 knows da the color code this gunmetal paint ha...cos my sprayman is unsure of its color cos he has not done this b4...
any1 to help on dis pls??? thx.. :)

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
I'm desperate.

which shop can help me repair this?

pls pls pls....very desperate..and i'll start becoming a bitch if this is not solved soon

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by DimDimer@Feb 20 2005, 14:32
boggysv : my whole darn rims are full of those la :P
but this is my first one ever :(
i was extremely careful arounds kerbs, i dun care ppl say i parking lousy ornot, i just dont want to scrape the wheel.

then, came a mechanic who didnt know how to hang the alignment device properly :angry:

went to a few paint shops today, all say better fix the whole wheel <_<

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
link

this can be done, but i do not have the tools/materials.

anybody knows any shop willing to do it?

DimDimer

Known Member
Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
hmmm good idea wor.....i think i saw some putty sold at Ace hardware in midvalley, but then again that tip only works for coloured rims......chrome wan....ehhhh lain cerita leh....those can chrome spray dun think ngam use wor.

greenjacket

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
my recent sprayed rim
thats a work rim, for my kenari

note : i didn ask the staff to spray a layer of protection/shinning coat, coz i want the color surface to be like TE37, hahahah effect !!

closer look~~~opppssss the sticker look damn fake....coz wrong measurement

greenjacket

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by beatnik@Feb 22 2005, 14:40
that's very nice greenjacket! what replica rims are that? k-speed? price? where to buy? :)
its original work esperio
nice rim, fit my kenari nicely, coz its special design for kcar

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wira 1.5 A GLI
Hi sifus, i got a question, im not quite sure about my current exhaust mods cant trust those exhaust shops guys la, can anyone advise me on my current setup? Tried modifying few times till running out of ideas

Last time use to have two bullets but now replace with midbox some how feels better pick up! so now my setup is 4-2-1---Bullet----midbox------s-flow muffler
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience