Smoked Headlights - Where?

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
Hey dudes..Where can i get my headlights smoked in KL? (Painting of the interior of the headlight)

I smoked my headlights at Southern Mtrsports back in JB , but they did a bad job and water's leaking in and fogging up my lights..and the damn paint is starting to peel too. :angry_smile:

I need a reputed place to smoke my headlights properly..with sanding of the ori chrome away b4 painting etc. and good proper sealing..

anyone can rec? thanks heaps!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
buy some loose tint sticker from tint shop, then DIY. Before DIY, ask and see how theppl do their tinting first.....

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
nono..its not tinting the headlight..
its opening it up and spraying the interior..

and i dont want to DIY..my DIY skills sucks i'll def mess up..

so noone done it at shops before ar??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
I think skywalker will help u on this !

jk jk
ahahks hes good at DIY huh?
apa??... mana ada??... nolah, me not good at DIY... sometimes forced to DIy to save cost...

btw, i've read about such DIY before only.... havent done it before and dont know how to do it... sorry la, cannot help u...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hehehe...I normally see diesel car's rear light always "smoked". Hmmmm, try attaching the light u want to tint near any diesel engine exhaust pipe. In no time, the light can be tinted. FOC samor.....

Just kidding ya...

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
hmmm....do ppl still do that ?? so many many years ago i DIY that to my motorbike rear lights & it looked very nice....but nowadays i think most ppl just use tints ..............as you can choose how dark you want or even what coloured tint you want to use.....& most accesories shop do for a very nominal fee

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
haha. for the third time..not tinting, painting of the interior of the headlight! :confused_smile:
:embaressed_smile:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
resilienthunter said:
haha. for the third time..not tinting, painting of the interior of the headlight! :confused_smile:
:embaressed_smile:
aiya...we know lah what you mean...no need to say 3rd time & all that....read my post...i mean i painted my lamp cover some years back..now most people dont paint but tint.....so i was just suggesting you can do tinting now instead of painting ....u understand bro ?? i know what is painting of headlight !!!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
now many people do tinting the lamp because easy and cheap mah... plus, deal with jpj also easy... i heard some say smoked headlight is illegal... so if got roadblock, they can jz peel the tint off... haha... after that pasang back lar... if u smoke them, jpj saman ohh... need to change the whole headlight only settle...

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
well..i guess the word "smoking" wrt to headlights is still abit vague..
i meant just painting the back part of the headlight, not the clear glass/plastic part..

the problem is i already did it..and its leaking water and the paint is peeling off..so trying to find a new place to do it again..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:driver:FOR THIS 2 WEEKS ONLY...PROMOTION!!:driver:
(4/8/09 - 24/8/09)

Any Wira/Putra size cars...(any car that size like those cars)...

ANY DIAMOND COLOR..U CHOOSE..

Outside only paint = RM 1.6k
Inside and Outside paint = RM 2k

Other size car pls sms or call for quote.

p/s : for quicker quote pls call or sms me..tq~ i hardly online now..hehehhe :burnout::burnout::burnout...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience