EE90 to AE92 trueno headlights conversion?

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
Hi guys, Just want to know your opinions on EE90 corolla conversion to AE92 trueno headlights.

I'm interested in this because its my second best go to option cause I cant afford an AE86. :sweatsmile:

The ideal setup I'm going for is just an EE90 with AE92 trueno headlights convert with a 4AGE. I'm not into driving/racing this thing hard all the time, just a casual driver who wants to enjoy this car. (of course I think it must be quite alot of maintenance for an old car like this :coldsweat:)

So far its hard to find people selling already converted EE90s with trueno headlights but I was wondering if it was easier to buy an EE90 with a 4AGE already inside and convert the front or buy an already converted EE90 and swap the engine for a 4AGE. I did manage to find some EE90 converts but all of them dont have 4AGE in it.

I looked around for 4AGE and the trueno front kit and I do feel like the trueno front kit is more rare to find. (unless maybe I venture out into chopshops hoping I come over a AE92 trueno front). What are you opinions on this? Is this JPJ legal?

if anyone isn't clear about what I'm saying. It should look something like this

Also opinions on how costly would it be to maintain this car? are corollas long lasting? I've had people argue with me on how old cars need more care and how old Toyotas were always known for their reliability. So I'm really divided on this. :S

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Looking at the headlights, there's no benefit upgrading to the 92 headlights. Why do you want to do it?

These Toyotas are pretty much unbreakable but anything that old will need a refresh (belts, plugs, gaskets, seals, etc). These cars however parts might be a a problem in the long run. Not sure about the availability of body parts

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
My advice to you, why not just buy the AE92 trueno ? I have seen a few around and my guess is you could get a rather good one for 15 to 20k.
Its authentic and beats the hell out of having a 4 door corolla with the trueno front end. There is no feeling like owning the genuine article. Its not as wanted and expensive as a AE86 but will still turn a lot of heads and make you feel proud.

Reactions: lsm1991