Skyline owners, roll call!

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
As you may be aware by now that the Government will prohibit the import of used automotive parts and components from June 2011. I might be stupid, but i can make up that this means no more spare parts for skyliner out there if you do happen to own one of the older versions. I am sicken by this idea and alot of those spare parts shop might just close down for business. I have the impression that we will have to import parts individually with a hefty tax sum!

I don't know about you guys, but i am starting to worry! They have also implemented the mandatory 15 years car to go for inspection for road worthiness, and what is your thought on this?

Seriously, i start to worry for skyliners. What about you guys?Any backup plan might be worthy of a share here?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

BTW, i do not worry if TCM is assignned with supplying OEM for skyline parts, but the problem is, TCM don't deal with supplying OEMs for skylines! Special orders only!

Ptffff!!! I sense a hard time to come as i own the both the older 32 and 33!

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
This is definitely a bad bad news...... 2011.... that means we still have only 1 more year to come out with something..... any ideas?

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
If the outline of the law states that no individual chop shop compnay can order spare parts/half-cuts that is pretty self explanatory, but what if the goverment meant "ALL" car spare parts.

Imagine u go to newera online to buy spare parts, then when the stuffs arrive at customs, they check and declare it is car spare parts which is "illegal" and confiscate it? I might be thinking too much but then there is this possibility!Its like banning prescribed drugs completely!

what the fok man!

Also there are gonna be no more "refurbished" CBU cars, all parts will be OEM which is supported solely by the whatever car brand there is, but you all seriously know Nissan TanChong Motors doesn't support skylines, so if that day comes? how? Any contingency plan?

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Hopefully this won’t materialize, the only consolation is that Malaysian politician speak a whole lot of crap but never ever get down to implementing them (unless there is money to be made) But we’ll never know right…

I doubt they will be able to stop the import and export of used parts because of the sheer size of the industry. The import and export of used parts don’t only service enthusiast like us but to a very big automotive repair industry. Infect we’re just a small part of it. A big bulk of used part is sold to OEM repair shops, which in turn support millions in terms of taxes and revenues to the government.

If the government were to stop such import and exports there will be a big ASS void in the industry as local & import manufacturers struggle to supply old and new parts to the millions of motorist who requires them.

I’m no economist but I really think for now its all talk (I hope I’m right for all our sake). Even in develop countries like the US, Europe and Japan, there are a large following of import and export use parts, so if the big guys out there are seeing a benefit having a used parts industry I don’t see why our single simple minded government don’t find it beneficial.

Anyway fingers crossed. If all else fail we'll have top import them individually and 'cheat' the system by paying rasuah... what to do...

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
Yeah that was what exactly what i thought too, that the government don't see the whole big picture of what it is going to happen if this do materialise. With all that they are going to introduce, its very emminent that they want to phaze out older cars and create a unicolor trend that the cars on malaysia roads will all be NEW cars. This is crazy, i know they(politician) can afford it but what about the rest of the RAKYAT? As simple as the idea was, i just don't think that it was very smart. Sometimes things are just harder than just saying it and rolling it out alone imho.

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
what the government is trying to do is to stop malaysia from being a dumping ground..which i agree..what i dont agree is why there is no indication on lower tax for new parts? import duty and interest rate on cars should also be lowered so that when the time comes to scrap we will get good rates from insurance companies(high import duty means we are paying more then the exact car value that is why banks in malaysia never go bust! not to forget fucked up second hand value!)..as for the 15 year inspection well first it open doors for corruption.second what are the guidelines for the car to pass inspection?...for the no more re- cond cars..well let any malaysia citizen to import their own choice of used cars provided they meet certain requirements(Australia)...COMMOM YB MUKHRIZ MAHATHIR you can do better then this!

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

EVERYONE loves to drive a brand new car!!! but not with the current import duty....this is capitalism at is peak

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
cosmic, I also hope it won't happen. fingercross.

these politicians like to spit their words out before thinking carefully. I can see that they want us to scrap our old cars and trade it in for P....no way:thefinger::thefinger:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
dun worry larrr.... most tuner parts are considered BRAND NEW part.

Nissan also still make a lot of OEM parts BRAND NEW even for R32 gtr - can check NISSAN-FAST system.

Japan also now very in love with restoring old gtrs to brand new condition = many companies producing brand new parts for gtr.

I believe there is tax exemption for personal effects... I personally did it once before. So if you need overseas part, just order and declare for your car.

samson

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Hello everyone.

I think I have some good news to add here. I have just started a business supplying OEM new car parts in Malaysia. I will be in Japan this week for final negotiations, and the first orders will be placed by mid November, which will then arrive around the end of November.
I will be supplying mainly to spare parts shops all-round Malaysia, as well as the usual reputable shops. If any of you do need some prices, I can get them for you, and they can arrive by end of Nov. Anything at all, as long as is fits into a container.
So, please drop me a message here, or just email/sms me.
email : [email protected]
sms : 0123125127
P/s : I'm only bringing in parts for Skylines, Silvias, Evos, and rotaries.

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
Hello everyone.

I think I have some good news to add here. I have just started a business supplying OEM new car parts in Malaysia. I will be in Japan this week for final negotiations, and the first orders will be placed by mid November, which will then arrive around the end of November.
I will be supplying mainly to spare parts shops all-round Malaysia, as well as the usual reputable shops. If any of you do need some prices, I can get them for you, and they can arrive by end of Nov. Anything at all, as long as is fits into a container.
So, please drop me a message here, or just email/sms me.
email : [email protected]
sms : 0123125127
P/s : I'm only bringing in parts for Skylines, Silvias, Evos, and rotaries.

Is it a one time supply or it is a time to time supply? Anyway, it is definitely a great news here...

samson

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Is it a one time supply or it is a time to time supply? Anyway, it is definitely a great news here...
It will be a permanent business. I have recently dumped quite a bit of investment in getting a container load of parts for these few cars. And also, if you do need anything (new parts, of course) I can also also for you. The charge is only 5% or RM50 on top of the price you see in magazines or advertisements.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus out there,

Recently I just got HWL hi-low soft-hard for my car (about 8 hours ago to be exact :) ), but the problem that keep bothering me all night long is about height adjustment for this thing. Since I wanted to set the car little high, the taukeh used to compress the coil spring to archive that, and for what I understand, height adjustment for this type of absorber is only to adjusting the body shift housing (cylinder body housing) and not to compress the spring. It will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience