Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

PR1MO

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
SUBANG JAYAAA
Visit site
Hey guys...allow me to share my humble ride...its a 04/05 Airtrek ..One thing I'm grateful for this car...It has served me well since Jan 2004 till now...With current mileage of 350k km..alhamdulillah never gave me any major trouble....except wear and tear parts.
Thanks and selamat menyambut hari merdeka.

Attachments

PR1MO

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
SUBANG JAYAAA
Visit site
yes. everything stock to the bone cos this is my daily driven car...even the immo is still attached to the car....anyhow thruout my 10 years of ownership...i've replaced most of the wear & tear parts..below are the one i can remember....

1. 2 set of standard airtrek turbo (bought 2nd hand from kedai potong, thanks to Ahwah for helping me source a decent 2nd hand unit twice!).
2. change manifold due to hairline crack....this one really got me by surpise (bought 2nd hand from kedai potong). Ori failed me at 180k mileage.
3. 3 aircond compressor (all 3 bought 2nd hand from kedai potong). The ori failed on me at 60k mileage...teruk betul...then it was downhill from there...susah cari good condition...u have to really gamble and pray for it to last...luckily managed to source a good one in Puchong (Man bluebird)
4. brand new rotor. The ori can tahan up to 300k mileage after 2 rounds of skimming....
5. drive shafts...cross members...steering rack..lube..water pump...fuel pump etc...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Engine mountings, MAF sensors, Idle Control Valve? 350K is alot of mileage.

PR1MO

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
SUBANG JAYAAA
Visit site
Engine mounting done together with the lower arm, steering rack...cross member bushing (all handling part)...at ahwah.

MAF Sensor- sorry for asking...is this the box connected at the airbox? I remember i change one sensor part about RM1.1k...the sensor alone...huhu....

ICV- belum tukar...need to ask ahwah to check la like this...where is this located at by the way?

thanks for sharing edward.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yes, MAF is the big box thingy right next to the airbox. So you have changed it before.

ICV is located near the throttle body. You can easily check if it's faulty or not by idling, turn your steering wheel slightly and don't let it go. The RPM should raise. The issue with ICV is that when you release your throttle of a sudden, sometimes engine will stall.

visvim96

Known Member
May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys! I've bought a set of 4/2 bbk from an evo 8 and now also having problem with wheels offset fitting. can offset 50 clear the bbk on airtrek?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys! I've bought a set of 4/2 bbk from an evo 8 and now also having problem with wheels offset fitting. can offset 50 clear the bbk on airtrek?
Not only offset, depends on rim size also, since calipers are now bigger need more space

visvim96

Known Member
May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yea, I'm getting a set of new wheels and it was on a Megane RS before. Now I would like to fit onto my airtrek and my bbk not pasang yet. The size of the wheels is 18x8.5 off50. Do you guys know the offset would clear the bbk ( evo8 brembo 4/2 ) on an Airtrek?

visvim96

Known Member
May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I've been trying on a few wheels and different offsets lately, so far 9jj is the perfect stance/fit if you want. I did not buy any of these wheels, just trying on to see the fitment on my trek hehe. I am also considering a set of ZE40 but due the poor currency rate now that would land a big bloody sinking hole in the pocket :shot::shot::bawling:

Don't bother bout the tyres they were all in bad shape.

TE37SL 18x9.5 +22

Wheels are really nice but not so nice on treks unless you fit on some flares.

CE28N 18x9 +40

On this following pic the fronts are 18x8.5 +25 and the rears are 18x9 +40.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kenny Heiser 3, he does alot of work with carbon fibre, his shop even replaced all the panels on a porsche GT3 with new carbon fibre ones.

Here is an example of the same thing done on a 996GT3R Porsche . This was done where I work at for a client . Every part made for the car is Dry Carbon Fiber with Carbon-Kevlar . Basically a mold was pulled from every single panel of this car including dash , under tray...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience