Share Experience

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by polyxtroy@Nov 29 2004, 12:59
Well, is there a drop in filter for L5??

Flamefox:

Way I see it, the intake charge can only be as cool as the enviroments temp.
yerp...u r so true here. if 100% effciency cooling..then suck 30deg of air then after compress and cooled down by intercooler get 30deg also...but can't be that if water-to-air or air-to-air intercooler

if ice-cooled intercooler.....it cools more than that...16deg probably or les

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
not really la flame,from the way i see it if u r moving fast the intake temp would be lowered down,bcoz u r circulatting the hot air out of the engine bay,even during hot day...u r not sitting duck waiting the air to go into the intake,what counts is when u r moving fast or slow,even if it's hot during the day,if u r staying put then u can say the intake temp might be same or even hotter than environment temp if the engine is running,but if u r moving even at 20km/h the intake temp can be cooler...even at night,if u drive n open the window n stuck ur head out a little,surely the air that hits ur face when driving is a lot colder than the air when u r sitting put/stop in 1 place...same concept apply to intake charges la kot...correct me if im wrong...

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
i dunno the exact process happen..but i've seen it when i sat in a GTR before (got digital meter inside aa GTR34 v spec II maa), i see the intake temperature at the air filter airbox..it is 40degC..the temp taken is at night cruising 100km/h. note that the temp taken is in airbox..not after the turbo.

what u feel when u open ur window and drive fast is actually..not the air is colded..but in fact..ur heat from ur body being blow away fast by the moving air..that's why u feel it's colder. same goes when u open a fan in ur bedroom

air moving fast is actually creates more heat..not colder la. just imagine what a happen if a very2 high speed space shuttle fall from the sky and enter our atmosphere....burned is it ? why ? haaa i've told already. hitting or making friction with any atoms will create heat..same goes to air molecules.

p/s: and yes, night air is colder than afternoon/evening air

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello dude,

Can anyone tell me how to setting the air fuel setting?
Someone told me is by adjust the MAS screw at the Throttle Body, a screw with spring.

Can anyone show me where is the screw?
I'm using an satria 1.6

Thank you
muff
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience