Share Experience

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
hola...
i m thinking upgrading my stock air filter.....
what air filter r u guy using on daihatsu L2/L5/L6/L7/L9
stock/drop in/open pod after market or custom?
how does it performed?
mind sharing....

tq

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
not surela apeng,currently i'm using hks super powerflow 150mm on my L5,if u used drop in,it will still be like the stock except it will perform better than stock coz the material used for the filter are normally of a higher quality than stock,stock n drop in is less dirty compare to open pod,and open pod are more prone to dirt and to suck air that is hotter bcoz of the exposure of filter to hot air n dirt that is blown from the outside/engine/radiator/gearbox depending to where u put ur open pod,however this problem can be settled by relocating ur open pod away from the heat source n put heat shield that act like a partition between those hot air n the filter...nowadays there r open pod that require less maintenance like the k&n and apexi/blitz...i think if u want more power,go for open pod but remember to do heat shield,cooler n cleaner air give more power...drop in/stock in housing to me still restrict the quantity of air that can be suck into the engine...

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
if using open pod....do you guy resetting ur AF?
what is appropiate size for these kcar air filter...
how much for the air filters?can get brand new one ka?

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Ressting is a must to get the full potential of ur filter. But advice to reset after u hv oso upgraded ur exhaust.

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by apeng@Nov 27 2004, 11:04
if using open pod....do you guy resetting ur AF?
what is appropiate size for these kcar air filter...
how much for the air filters?can get brand new one ka?
normally,if u still use ur standard turbine+e'thing standard,ppl tend not to resetting the af when chnging filter,however if u intend to upgrade to a bigger turbo,ic,fuel injector,u r going to supply more fuel n therefore recommended to upgrade ur air filter n resetting back...wat do u mean brand new???meaning open pod ka...alaaa,brand new pun not so expensive wat,if u use kancil with either L2/L5/L6 engine,u can use either apexi dual funnel or hks 150mm or k&n,others i'm not sure coz kancil limited engine space,the same goes to kelisa also,if u use kenari then the choices r wider...brand new open pod the price range from rm100-250 depends on the place n availability...

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
i use Apexi Super Intake..rm180 only but tambah lagi rm70 for adaptor (mahal jugak..aluminium)..not to worry about space..ngam ngam maa

turbo engine doesn't have to worry about sizing..same goes to exhaust..the bigger the better. u dun need low rpm torque but u need mid/high torque rpm as boost comes in

resetting or not depends on ur ride. if u feel not smooth..then reset la

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
heat shield or not to me i dont think it does make any differences lor.. c'mon what's the use of the intercooler babe? u use heat shield for partition, then the air sucked into the compressor go one round come out is hot again.. even hotter than the intake temp without the heat shield. that's when the purpose of intercooler came along... i'd say heat shield for turbo is a waste.. but i'd like u guys to prove me wrong.. (otherwise there is nothing to debate liao) ;)

just my logical 2 cent..

ps: air filter doent gain u much hp.. as long as it perform it job will do.. look for other significant upgrade..

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
well,since we r talking bout kcar,having a heat shield does not make so much of a difference,unless we r talking of a bigger car with bigger engine bay...u r correct bout the function of an intercooler,however come 2 think bout it,eventhough subaru has top ic with bonet scoop,why does some of the model have a button that can spray water on top of the ic,bcoz they claim that the ic wont cool the air enough,to me it does make sense,let us say the air that goes in is already cool,therefore it wont be such a hassle for the ic to cool it down further,however if the air is so hot n then the ic only cool it slightly,it wont give u extra ummmphh...u get what im trying 2 say...,not all ic have the same efficiency in cooling the air,sometime u cant depend 100% on ur ic alone,u hv 2 think about the air that goes in 1st,even evo is more powerful having a heat shield,proven by dyno,not much but every hp count...it sure give some advantage eventhough ur right foot doesn't feel so much of a difference...

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
agree with mr. man (ashraf??). yes ic has the main purpose for cooling the intake charge but the job for ic can be less if we get a CAI first. let say non-CAI suck 40deg of air and cooled down by IC to 50deg (after being compressed), but with CAI suck 30deg of air and cooled down by IC to 43deg...did it make any difference ? hehe

if u like..better spray water everywhere, air filter, intercooler, into intake manifold and so on..better cooling..but that's too much la for street use hehe

but me also not using CAI haha..just know the theory but never pakai LOL :lol: its all about the money dum dum dum..all about the money lallalaa

keropok

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry...got to ask..this question..is there a drop in air filter for L2? Where can i find it and how much is usually cost? My air filter element is getting dirty...if possiable dun want to go for open pod....slight noisy..he..he.. :lol:

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by keropok@Nov 29 2004, 09:22
Sorry...got to ask..this question..is there a drop in air filter for L2? Where can i find it and how much is usually cost? My air filter element is getting dirty...if possiable dun want to go for open pod....slight noisy..he..he.. :lol:
ada...i think brand trust/airinx n will cost u rm150 brand new...nanti i tanya my fren...open pod maner ada noisy sgt unless u use hks,the other i think not so bad the sound...

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Well, is there a drop in filter for L5??

Flamefox:

Way I see it, the intake charge can only be as cool as the enviroments temp.

manbew

Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
use apexi dual funnel la PENG... i use that ... b4 this hks SPF... need to change span always la.. to keep it clean...

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
ANY COMMENTS FROM AIRINX USER?
OPEN POD N DROP IN....?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i could not sit tight and not trying it for myself so i did use 50/50 vinegar solution into the radiator and ran the engine for 2 days. Before i decided, i went through deep research and i found out about acetic acid in vinegar reacts with the rust (iron oxide) to form a water soluble salt. (ferric acetate)

Fe(OH)3 + 3CH3CO2H -> Fe(CH3CO2)3 + 3H2O

meaning if i were to test the result, i just...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience