Anybody ever experience car breakdown or car being towed? Share your experience.

ibestriker

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
www.invest.st.com.my
Anybody here in this forum ever experience car breakdown or car being towed? Share your experience, about the difficulties you face. If you had to get your car towed, what is the total cost you had spent?

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
not break down but accident...and i hit the TOW TRUCK back.......and the TOW TRUCK is my panel insurance.....hahahahaha and he was going to accident incident destination 1.......but since i bang him.....he on the spot got case liao and call another TOW TRUCK replacing his destination.

accident due to speeding in the rain and jam brake.....tires locked (NO ABS) skidding until BANG

sn_ting

Known Member
May 24, 2006
snting.blogspot.com
last time my friend tumpang from genting to kl with his kancil. half way near the genting view there, his car break down coz his clucth was burn so we have to call the tow truck to tow our car down to the bottom of the mountain and got it changed. it cost us RM400.

ibestriker

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
www.invest.st.com.my
gohkokeng said:
not break down but accident...and i hit the TOW TRUCK back.......and the TOW TRUCK is my panel insurance.....hahahahaha and he was going to accident incident destination 1.......but since i bang him.....he on the spot got case liao and call another TOW TRUCK replacing his destination.

accident due to speeding in the rain and jam brake.....tires locked (NO ABS) skidding until BANG
Woww..accident by hitting TOW TRUCK? you were so brave...lol

But how much did it cost u to get ur car towed by the tow truck?

ibestriker

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
www.invest.st.com.my
sn_ting said:
last time my friend tumpang from genting to kl with his kancil. half way near the genting view there, his car break down coz his clucth was burn so we have to call the tow truck to tow our car down to the bottom of the mountain and got it changed. it cost us RM400.
RM400 is too much..how far did the tow truck tow your car? Don't u be a member of AAM or something like that?

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
Tow truck charges have increased. If you kena from those 'cari makan' tow truck operators even worst.

Just got my car towed back last night. Car broke down at Air Keroh R&R. Towed it back to Seremban. The tow truck was from Seremban and I followed him to collect my car. It only cost me RM180. That's freaking cheap!!!

sn_ting

Known Member
May 24, 2006
snting.blogspot.com
ibestriker said:
RM400 is too much..how far did the tow truck tow your car? Don't u be a member of AAM or something like that?
no lar...RM 400 is the money paid for towing and changing the clucth also....wat to do ler....in the middle of the mountain....

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
one Sunday afternoon, my cluth pump leaked and disfunctioned at LDP, right before LDP Penchala toll. while I was trying to make phonecall, there was this uncle (40++ yrs old) with motorcycle offer his help. Since it was Sunday morning and my regular workshop is closed, I accepted his offer. He asked me to wait for him to get a new clutch pump and fix it for me.

I asked him how much, but he refused to tell and sped off. At the same time, i tried calling my workshop tauke to check on the price (in case kena potong mah). about 45minutes later, the uncle came back. somemore it was raining and i felt bad and pity him. he was all wet.

He still refused to tell me the price, and he keep telling me, "dun wori boy, dun wori, i have a workshop in kepong, i want long term customer....not 1 time customer". And he proceeded to fix it.

so, due to our same skin color and his sincerity, i believe he wont potong my leher lah and i allowed him to proceed. It took him half an hour to fix and my car is ready to go!

In the end...guess he charged me how much?? ..... RM180 including labour fee. Damn reasonable with all the trouble he went through, and since that day, I sent my car and all my family cars to his workshop until today. And my clutch pump still working well for the last 2 years.

ibestriker

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
www.invest.st.com.my
adyzul said:
Tow truck charges have increased. If you kena from those 'cari makan' tow truck operators even worst.

Just got my car towed back last night. Car broke down at Air Keroh R&R. Towed it back to Seremban. The tow truck was from Seremban and I followed him to collect my car. It only cost me RM180. That's freaking cheap!!!
That's cheap..RM180 only..how far was it, from Air Keroh to Seremban?

ibestriker

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
www.invest.st.com.my
sn_ting said:
no lar...RM 400 is the money paid for towing and changing the clucth also....wat to do ler....in the middle of the mountain....
Hehe...sounds ok...if there was no tow truck, you will be left there alone on the mountain...:retarded:

emechelmi

Jul 5, 2006
My car submerged up to the wiper level during last February major flood in Shah Alam. So I have no option, but to use tow truck service to tow my car to my mechanic in PJ oldtown. Since it was the time of good business for many tow truck operators, I was charged about RM90 for a 15km journey.

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
ibestriker said:
That's cheap..RM180 only..how far was it, from Air Keroh to Seremban?
From Air Keroh Tol to Senawang Tol is 62.4km but the tow truck consider 2 way becuase the tow truck uncle is from Seremban and at nigh some more.

Oct 3, 2006
Once my car broke down at Jalan P Ramlee. I'm at the middle lane and its jam on that time ( u know that road...) .. suddenly the engine just died off.. just like that, no warning whatsoever.

luckily i'm with 4 other members inside my car so they pushed the car at the side. tow it to workshop somewhere near lrg hj taib (if not mistaken). charged me rm90.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
ibestriker said:
Woww..accident by hitting TOW TRUCK? you were so brave...lol

But how much did it cost u to get ur car towed by the tow truck?
lol PANEL INSURANCE ma......claim insurance lor everything free la but pay fucking saman from polis station lor.....cause brandnew car....not even 1 year already accident no NCD yet.....just claim lor....hai nothing much can be done.

not so serious la....lamp pecah....bonet dented up and such

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
JacEK said:
one Sunday afternoon, my cluth pump leaked and disfunctioned at LDP, right before LDP Penchala toll. while I was trying to make phonecall, there was this uncle (40++ yrs old) with motorcycle offer his help. Since it was Sunday morning and my regular workshop is closed, I accepted his offer. He asked me to wait for him to get a new clutch pump and fix it for me.

I asked him how much, but he refused to tell and sped off. At the same time, i tried calling my workshop tauke to check on the price (in case kena potong mah). about 45minutes later, the uncle came back. somemore it was raining and i felt bad and pity him. he was all wet.

He still refused to tell me the price, and he keep telling me, "dun wori boy, dun wori, i have a workshop in kepong, i want long term customer....not 1 time customer". And he proceeded to fix it.

so, due to our same skin color and his sincerity, i believe he wont potong my leher lah and i allowed him to proceed. It took him half an hour to fix and my car is ready to go!

In the end...guess he charged me how much?? ..... RM180 including labour fee. Damn reasonable with all the trouble he went through, and since that day, I sent my car and all my family cars to his workshop until today. And my clutch pump still working well for the last 2 years.
bro..can let me know the location and contact number…if really reasonable..i wan to send my car there to change clutch…

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
I am not sure if you can help me but i will tell you about my car first...
I own a Nissan 180sx, I have spent alot of money on the engine but none on the exterior or interior!
My Nissan 180sx:
- Sr20 engine
- GT28/71r turbo
- 780cc fuel injectors
- Water injection
- Biggest front mount intercooler I could get
- Heltech computer
- Forged pistons
- Oversized nissan brakes

I think that is all but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience