SAFC tuning related to L2 throttle sensor

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
hi guys, this evening just install GSR's injectors in my 850T. but still dun have time to fit adj. fuel regulator. ehhh..have to custom made the tapak is it ?

ok..after install...i just change my SAFC setting to -ve side...more -ve. even at 800rpm at -30% !!!! the idle consider ok but not like previous one lah..still 1k++ rpm. and the exhaust note tooo much bass....sound like evo liao :lol:

800rpm and 2400rpm still ok for me...but for 4000rpm....i got a headache la. i set around -17% (can't remember the exact figure..just for referrence how low it is) and running gear 3 at 4000rpm at part throttle...ok for now. after that, i drive at FULL THROTTLE at instant kick from 4000rpm to 5000rpm++...knock occur a bit. krak krak krak...the from 5000rpm..slows down to 4000rpm and suddenly i shut off throttle..my car jerk just a little. ok..that's for 1st setting

after that..i try to retarding the ignition by adjusting the distributor a bit and set richer at 4000rpm setting with around -15% (1 teeth only). drive like previous run...from 4000rpm full throttle to 5000rpm ++...a little knock only. now i consider it ok if i set richer a bit at 4000rpm setting.
BUT...when slower down to 4000rpm and again suddenly shut off throttle...my car jerk a bit more than before

so my question is........is it normal for L2 with only on/off throttle sensor behave like that (sudden little jerk) when shut off throttle suddenly with big injectors ?

my theory is...when i go part throttle(sensor goes on throttle mode)...the engine goes a bit rich (maybe not) but when i off throttle (sensor goes off throttle mode), the engine goes suddenly lean...true or not ?

sifuuusssss helpppppp

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
aik ? ada T plak belakang kekekeke

hmm after a session of thinking last night i just assume that maybe i need to richer a bit at 2400rpm to make the a/f ratio graph more linear and if i suddenly kick the throttle at 4000rpm, it won't knock.
for 5600rpm..have to leaner a bit..richer will make my rpm goes slow on 5000rpm..damn

any help here ?

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
ahh ok...update for today.

problem almost solve. almost got 'kampung style' fine tuning today. got a very smooth and instant low rpm (1-2k++rpm)..minimal lag (dunno how it happen)
knock almost un-noticeable at 4000rpm and the power more linear than before. yeyyyyyyyyy

*note that wire fitting plays a lot of role here..if not, many resistance to the injectors. me sudah kene..that's why my car not so smooth last 2 days. damn !

sang_kancil

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Kuching,Sarawak
www.pgx.com.my
fuel regulator...set to what point?
do u upgrade fuel line?
do u upgrade fuel pump?

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
fuel regulator still stock..have to make tapak lar to fit it adj. fuel reg. damn...now i know. fuel line ? dunno la..stock i think. fuel pump..yes

sang_kancil

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Kuching,Sarawak
www.pgx.com.my
gud...at least u oledi upgrade fuel pump...it is important to to suppl suffient fuel...

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
i think my fuel pump already got enough power to push enough petrol..now getting to custom made tapak for fuel reg la pulak

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a huge a** mother f***ing car. That was what we thought of when we first got the job in, that was what we thought of when we saw the car for the first time, and that was what we could only think of when working on the car. It is huge. Picture a Toyota Alphard and a Perodua Kenari side by side, it would have the same kind of feeling when a Toyota Alphard is parked beside this ride. Not wasting...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience