tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
To all sifus, members, friends, and guests

Car info:
Model: Proton Wira A/B (A)
Engine: 4G92

1. Can a GSR 4G93T manual gearbox, preferably 4WD 1 be fitted into a 4G92(originally auto) engine? If yes, how can it be done? Need to do any modification to fit in? What are the major and minor modification needed to be made and in what order? What items are needed except getting the gearbox?

2. What clutch system are needed? Original 4G93T Clutch System which are using hydraulic(I don't know much about these)? Some say 1.3 Cable Clutch can work with that, but I felt it is not enough. Confusing ...

3. If I don't change the ECU, can it still be moving? What are the pros and cons of not changing to manual ECU?

4. How can the AUTO->MANUAL Conversion JPJ thingy can be done? Need Surat from the HQ or can straightly done at the local JPJ?

TQ for the support info to all ZTH sifus, members, friends, and guests...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Assuming you are going to use only the FWD not AWD.

1.) No modifications required to fit the 93T into the 92P chasis. You must however lock the 93T's RWD transaxle. Everything is plug and play.

Make sure to get complete set of the 93T g/b (ie, hydraulic clutch pump, clutch, brake and gas pedals, shift line linkages, shifter ensembly, etc)

2.) Both the 93T and 92P manual g/b uses hydraulic clutch (standard system). If the seller is giving you cable clutch from the 13P or 15P, the seller is trying to rip you off.

3.) 93T and 92P Manual g/b have no ECU. Only the auto g/b have g/b ECUs.

4.) No inspection nor approval needed from JPJ or insurance, etc.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
gbox

I think you have to change the cross member as well & front axle if you wanna use a 4WD locked g/box. into a 2WD bay

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
But mine is an auto, really no need to go JPJ to report? Some foreman said that a wire or something needed to be cut away from the ECU to the gearbox, the dashboard needed to be trim and cut shorter, to fit in the manual dashboard size. I am going to change to a GSR RS/non-RS 4G93T engine+4WD manual g/b, but didn't planned that my g/b will die so soon. Darn... $ will be a factor. How much Agung Head I'll watching at if I want to put in the gearbox only? Can the transplant be done in 2 separate parts? Like g/b 1st then transplant engine.

putra4757,
Which axle with LSD can I put into my car? Evo or anything I don't mind, also Agung Head wise.

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
maybe u have to change the center console because the gear knob is obviously different.

pls lend this thread, i also have a related question.
im now using manual gearbox on my gsr 4g93t. if i wana change to auto gearbox, must i install the ecu together ?

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Yeah you have to change the crossmember and one of the driveshafts also for 2WD -> 4WD gearbox.

Just get a 1.6 manual gearbox instead lah. Less hassle.
And change dashboard? The heck? All dashboard lenghts are the same. If he insists I think he's just trying to get you to pay more money.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Auto gearbox will share some cables from the ECU... namely, speed sensor, throttle position and diagnostics. No harm disconnecting those. U will however encounter some DTCs (trouble codes) but car will still nicely.

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Zeroed,
I'm planning to change to a 4G93T, but I didn't planned for my gearbox to die so soon, so I need to change a g/b 1st, then after with more money, I'll change the engine.

acbc,
What do you mean by DTC code? TQ...

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
tk2005takeru said:
Zeroed,
I'm planning to change to a 4G93T, but I didn't planned for my gearbox to die so soon, so I need to change a g/b 1st, then after with more money, I'll change the engine.

acbc,
What do you mean by DTC code? TQ...

That explains it all. Becos if you're still using the old engine with the new installed gearbox... I think Auto car also faster.... hehe.... What i meant is a no no for performance wise - gear ratio all different vs engine power :regular_smile: .

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Any1 reccomend a good and cheap workshop whos selling a 4G93T halfcut or the gearbox only around Malaysia? BTW, I'm living in Sabah, also need to consider the shipping fee + kastam checking before shipping, etc. Better if can find 1 here, but all the options are very limited and expensive(not your average potong tangan and kaki only, some seling at 5 digits juz the halfcut n/include workmanship yet). Will be going down KL to fish for something.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
Zeroed said:
Yeah you have to change the crossmember and one of the driveshafts also for 2WD -> 4WD gearbox.

Just get a 1.6 manual gearbox instead lah. Less hassle.
And change dashboard? The heck? All dashboard lenghts are the same. If he insists I think he's just trying to get you to pay more money.
Yes, better just the 2WD original 1.6 or 1.8 manual box & get it fixed...

Much-much easier,..& better....

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
putra4767 said:
Yes, better just the 2WD original 1.6 or 1.8 manual box & get it fixed...

Much-much easier,..& better....
Yes, I'd plan to do that too. I'm currently planning on converting it into a 4WD 4G93T (M), so I may save some $$ by skipping 1.6/1.6 2WD Manual g/b and convert to the 4G93T 4WD g/b 1st.

Last edited: