An idea for the security of your car..

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Lately i noticed a lot of car theft. So i would l like to share with you all an idea.

This is cheap and dam effective...

Did you all noticed that nowdays maxis,digi and etc all nowdays have Friend Finder function? where you just type "FIND HPNO" to finds wheres the location of your friend? instead finding your friend, why not find your car?

1. Get a cheap handphone (nokia 3310 is known for its powerful antenna)
2. Change the battery to a better one (ex: 800mah change to 2200mah, so no need to charge frequently)
3. Get a new prepaid simcard (dam cheap man! rm8.80 can get new number!)
4. Add the new number as your Friend Finder in your original phone.
5. Hide the new hp with new number in your car, where a thief wouldnt think about/hard to reach.
6. You can also set the hp to auto answer ur call, so u might be hearing the thief conversation!

FINISH!

Now you can happily trace your car anytime anywhere you want. even from your bed! Just make sure you charge the hp in your car periodically. To save battery, just set it to silent mode+no vibrate+no lights etc.

Now, when if u lost your car, you still have time to locate it!

Learn more about Friend Finder -> http://hotlink.com.my/level2/hotlevel3.asp?AID=2103

If you have WAP hp, you can pinpoint the location on maps! ->

http://hotlink.com.my/level2/hotlevel2.asp?AID=2661

Just an idea from me~~ peace!

Last edited:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Please reply or bump my ideas up if you support me...

Let us help each others!

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
cool one bro .... its a good idea just but a digi (cheap ma) top up maximum amount buy a h/p n like philips the batery can stand up to 1month standby in think wil go further coz wont be using the light,vibration totaly silent ! and add in the frend finder hide the pone some where the theif wont think of n last to find it ..... n walla u hav ur own security aka like captor !

....... nice idea man ..... bump bump for u !

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
pdguy said:
cool one bro .... its a good idea just but a digi (cheap ma) top up maximum amount buy a h/p n like philips the batery can stand up to 1month standby in think wil go further coz wont be using the light,vibration totaly silent ! and add in the frend finder hide the pone some where the theif wont think of n last to find it ..... n walla u hav ur own security aka like captor !

....... nice idea man ..... bump bump for u !

Its up to you to use what hp and what line u think best for you.

I just give the idea, its up to you to spark the rest!

Good luck dude! :_:

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Takuya,

The GSM system for car already exist in Malaysia. One of the brand I know is call v5. I am going to put that in my new evo later. Basically the feature is much more than friend finder and it cost about RM1.2k.

a) When alarm triggered, it will call your mobile
b) Microphone will be installed in your car so you can hear the conversation the car theft talking
c) You could shutdown the car engine with your mobile phone
d) Use friend finder to find your car
e) Emergency button (if your car is hijack together with you, you can press the button and the GSM will call your friend so he can make a police call to track you)

Some other more advance technology is installing camera in your car and a device call gateway with simm card, allow to transport video to Internet via 3G service (Celcom).

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Yes i know sub7,

This is a cheaper way, with less function as yours. and can be self installed less than half an hour. An alternative for those with tight budget, no wiring needed, no wire to be cut,plus, can be tranfer to any car/vehicle we want, anytime.

Thanks for sharing your ideas :)

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
kewl one.....provided ur using maxis.....
but nice idea man!!....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
ijit??...
digi??....wat service??.....I'm using DIGI

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
oh..the stalker service.haha

well..good idea actually..but getting the GSM system would be must better lor.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Other then our "default" alarm system, by using this "stealth tracer" is a good idea too. who would think you have two system installed? i guess when people widely use this idea, thief will have pressure. they cant drive the car all the way coz need to search the hp, thus will force the thier somewhere nearby area to " disarm" it. High chance to retrieve back.

And a suggestion to all who want to install or already installed high tech alarm system..

Usually when we install high tech alarm system, the installer or the brand will give you thier alarm's brand sticker. and we are proud to paste it at our winshield or other place.

THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG AND DANGEROUS!!

By doing this you will get even a higher chance your car will being stolen. By seing those alarm sticker at your car, the thief will get prepared enough with tools and tips on specified alarm in your car. so they wont do any mistake or etc on how to disarm your car. Then even can ESTIMATE the TIME needed to breach in your car and where to find the wires etc.

Instead of using the alarm's sticker, why dont you get another brand of alarm sticker and paste it to your car? This will give hell of a trouble to the thief as they wrongly guess what to do when they wanna break in your car. Will add some panic to them too! Although you are using system costs thousand of ringgit, putting a cheap brand of alarm's sticker is not wrong. Its our car that matters.

Remember, an alarm system with the same brand sticker on your car will just let the thief feel at ease to try stealing your car.......

Last edited:

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
good point...car alarms...so useless...

does the hp trace tell u exactily where u are?
is it just town specific? like "location: sunway" or "location: puchong"?
anybody use friend find b4?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Up to this point, all we’ve had to go on are renderings and speculated details regarding the spiced up version of Honda’s CR-Z, the Mugen CR-Z. Even though deep inside our hearts we hopes it would be all that and so much more, the fact that no actual shot of the car was to be found made it a little hard to swallow.

Now though all that has changed as the first official pictures of the force-fed CR-Z have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience