RS 200 with 1jz engine swap

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
i have heard so many people stated that to swap a 1jz into a rs200 we dont have to change or modify the existing engine mounting. However some also say that you have to modify it. Can anybody shed some light to this question? Anybody that has conducted the swap, please give me some insights.. cheers!

monsterezza

Known Member
Aug 4, 2007
if you swap with 1jz vvti . you wont need any modification to the mounting. on the other hand, if you swap with 1jz twin turbo, you will need to modify it.
or else
go for 98 above aristo 2jz vvti engine ;)

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
It would be advisable to change the original engine mounts to 1jzgte engine mounts. This is becoz the 1j engine + transmission is heavier than the 3sge by at least a 100 kg.

Plus u can have a piece of mind on the mounts for a long while

furthermore...there are much much more things than just simple mounting changes if u want to go for a 1j.

but the results will be worth it..heh

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
oh the difference between the 1jz TT and the 1jz vvt-i mountings is something new to me.. no wonder some people say hve to change mounting and some say no need.. cheers monsta! hehe

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
1j vvti manual about rm10k
1j vvti auto about rm8-9k
1j twinturbo..forget it ..old engine vvti is newer

if u are serious in transplanting 1j, look for ah wei in vision bangsar...he can help u look for ppl.

supra 2j vvti manual...very very hard to find..sigh

Last edited:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
1j vvti manual about rm10k
1j vvti auto about rm8-9k
1j twinturbo..forget it ..old engine vvti is newer

if u are serious in transplanting 1j, look for ah wei in vision bangsar...he can help u look for ppl.

supra 2j vvti manual...very very hard to find..sigh
heard somebody is in the process of pitting 1j ... hehehehe

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
green:

your dream may eventually make you strive harder in life, in order for you to achieve it

hemmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
hahah now there are also people asking me to put in 2jz
sumtimes not easy to decide.. if 2jz most like like it would be an illegal car .. what u guys think?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifus and readers in this forum. here i have is a Audi A4, a friend of mine who asked me detail this car. of course i detailed this car long time ago but didnt posted at any forums before :bawling: just sharing some of my work here. if there is any mistakes you can always leave a comment, will work hard and try to correct it. and also i didnt took much pictures of it (not because i dont want to show) due to busy detailing. the rims took me 2 1/2 hours to complete due to hard...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience