5at rs200 tuning with emanage ultimate

T.R.D

Oct 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I currently have an RS200 5AT Altezza with short ram intake and decat with 2.5 inch mid pipe as exhaust modifications. I would like some feedback from persons who have used the emanage ultimate to tune the 5AT in NA form. I also, would like if you could share your MAPs if possible.

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
T.R.D,

It's not a good idea to use E-manage on 5AT, the original ECU will re-tune/kick back to original form after using the E-manage for a few days, or maybe weeks or months. You will need to re-tune the E-manage all over again, few times maybe. However, not sure about E-manage Ultimate, maybe the original ECU won't "kacau" it. Maybe u can check with your tuner, or go to Trial Tuning and ask.

Other alternatives,
Dynojet Power Commander, Apexi AFC Neo, HKS F-CON IS, etc, or better still, standalone ECUs, such as Apexi Power FC if u can find one for 5AT or HKS F-CON V PRO (for heavy mods) if u have the budget for it.

T.R.D

Oct 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
T.R.D,

It's not a good idea to use E-manage on 5AT, the original ECU will re-tune/kick back to original form after using the E-manage for a few days, or maybe weeks or months. You will need to re-tune the E-manage all over again, few times maybe. However, not sure about E-manage Ultimate, maybe the original ECU won't "kacau" it. Maybe u can check with your tuner, or go to Trial Tuning and ask.

Other alternatives,
Dynojet Power Commander, Apexi AFC Neo, HKS F-CON IS, etc, or better still, standalone ECUs, such as Apexi Power FC if u can find one for 5AT or HKS F-CON V PRO (for heavy mods) if u have the budget for it.
G221,

I have already purchased the unit and wired it in jus havent tuned it yet. My tuner is away traveling should be back by next week. I am okay with reapplying the tune once i can benefit from the changes made. I am a bit curious about the adjustment of ignition timing. I have always heard its a bit tricky for toyotas.....should i be able to do timing adjustments?

T.R.D

Oct 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Okay, so i have doen a base tune of the Emanage Ultimate to my car and have done increased rev, advanced ignition for low end response, air fuel tuning and removed speedcut. So far, everything been great i am jus gonna wait until the weekend to go to the dyno to additional tuning and to get an idea as what improvements have been made. I will share a DYNO graph as well as modifications as soon as this is done.

T.R.D

Oct 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Okay, so i have done a base tune of the Emanage Ultimate to my car and have done increased rev, advanced ignition for low end response, air fuel tuning and removed speedcut. So far, everything been great i am just gonna wait until the weekend to go to the dyno to additional tuning and to get an idea as what improvements have been made. I will share a DYNO graph as well as modifications as soon as this is done.

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Emanage Ultimate should work fine becoz it allows looping of the O2 sensor feedback, and will override the Fuel Trim adjustments that the standard ECU will try to make. The normal eManage Blue can't do that.

I'm using the HKS FCON IS now. Sucks shit. It's not as good in terms of response compared to the eManage Ultimate, very soft throttle response. And becoz it can only be tuned by HKS dealers it's useless, I can't tune it myself for on-road fine-tuning. With the eManage Ultimate you can, plus it's all in English. Everything the HKS FCON IS can do, the Ultimate can do at lower cost.

Currently I've disconnected my O2 sensors in my 5AT so this stops the O2 feedback for Fuel Trim, but it ain't perfect and my idle is crap.

T.R.D

Oct 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have done a street tune. The car is remarkable compared to stock form....Its extremely responsive now with great acceleration for a heavy car and huge mid to top end gains especially with no speedcut. Considering changing the rev limit to 8000RPM. I know the engine is good for it but i am not sure how it affects the transmission. Any one here have any idea if it is feasible?

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
sound like the result of emanage ultimate is good.

do you or anyone know how about using Apexi AFC Neo on Altezza?

my car only change K&N stock filter and fujitsubo cat back. which is no much modify.

i heard if no much modification on the hardware actually no need use emanage(is that true?) and someone recommend me use Apexi AFC Neo. but he no drive Altezza so wish hear what your guys opinion or experience.

what is emanage ultimate advantage compare to apexi neo when the car no much modify?

my one is 5AT too. Thanks

Last edited:

Mic Tie

From Facebook
Aug 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
sound like the result of emanage ultimate is good.

do you or anyone know how about using Apexi AFC Neo on Altezza?

my car only change K&N stock filter and fujitsubo cat back. which is no much modify.

i heard if no much modification on the hardware actually no need use emanage(is that true?) and someone recommend me use Apexi AFC Neo. but he no drive Altezza so wish hear what your guys opinion or experience.

what is emanage ultimate advantage compare to apexi neo when the car no much modify?

my one is 5AT too. Thanks
AFC neo no good enough for AT car ,i install before and sell to my friend whole drive civic EK,u may get a little respone 2 or 3 percent only,it install to EK more much better than altezza,i suggest u go for ECU like F con or ultimate much more better feeling :)

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
AFC neo no good enough for AT car ,i install before and sell to my friend whole drive civic EK,u may get a little respone 2 or 3 percent only,it install to EK more much better than altezza,i suggest u go for ECU like F con or ultimate much more better feeling :)
2 or 3 percent is little. Mutiara in johor are selling Greddy thing. i will go there ask ask. thanks for your advise.

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
Okay, so i have done a base tune of the Emanage Ultimate to my car and have done increased rev, advanced ignition for low end response, air fuel tuning and removed speedcut. So far, everything been great i am just gonna wait until the weekend to go to the dyno to additional tuning and to get an idea as what improvements have been made. I will share a DYNO graph as well as modifications as soon as this is done.
Hi Bro,

How much HP increased after you installed the Ultimate? you have the DYNO gragh already?

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
It's not the brand or type of ECU that you install that will get you extra power. Whether you use Emanage or FCON IS or Unichip etc... if it's a standard car with an exhaust system, you'll get x% horsepower increase. They will ALL give you by and large the same increases.

A good tuner might get you 1 more HP than another less experienced tuner, no big deal. You can't feel 1hp more with you butt. And it all depends on the time of day, which dyno you use, etc etc. What the piggyback ECU and the tuner are doing are simply fiddling with the fuel and ignition to release a bit more power that the factory doesn't, at the expense of reduced durability and higher risk of detonation, higher fuel consumption etc.

The point is useability and driveability. And more importantly how it works with cold start procedure, hot days with high humidity, etc.

It's like using a dildo on a chick. A 12inch dildo battery powered dildo will get the job done anyhow, whether it's black or blue or pink. With a bit more skill, a better User (*ahem* me haha) might give her a bigger O than someone else who's not so experienced, but she'll still be very satisfied, and she'll still take by and large the same amount of time to O regardless :D

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Adian,

Just need your opinion on modding my exhaust system, i was thinking to convert my exhaust manifold from 421 to 4 to 1, and get rid of the cat converter, do you have any experience on this before, is the back pressure enough to maintain the torque at lower/stationary rpm....or i still need e manage or any other piggy back to do the job.

btw your metaphor about the dildo is superb...kehekehkeh.

that why somehow rather i miss my forced induction engine, no need to think about backpressure....just let it go as fast as it can......

Last edited:

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Generally 4-1 is for high-end power, and you will lose some low-end. Actually the buzzword is not "backkpressure", whatever happens we want Zero back-pressure. Mechanics here like to use that word tho but it's mistaken. What we're looking for is Scavenging.

The new development since the late 90s is long primary manifold 4-2-1 systems. I've made a few in my life too. Basically you want a primary (the "4" section) to be about 18-20 inches long, with a secondary (the "2" section) to be about 6-8 inches long, with a total manifold length of 24 inches. This provides the best all-round flexibility and performance, strong high-end power with good low-down torque.

Check the standard Altezza exhaust manifold, and you'll see it kind of runs primaries that are quite long (for an OEM car). And if you check the HyperRev books, you'll see that the best systems have a nice long primary section.

You can get rid of the cat, it's no big deal, just that a few more birds and insects and fish in the sea will die and there might not be an earth for our children's children blah-blah-blah...!! Ideally if possible keep the cat, but if it's all-out power you want then ditch it. It's worth a good 4-6hp I think on a 200hp 7000rpm 2L 4cyl engine!

Actually the cat needs to be as close to the engine as possible, which is why OEM exhaust systems usually have short manifolds. The cats need to heat up quickly in the morning to be effective. In fact the whole ECU tuning goes through a start-up procedure (called "Cold start" evidently) that runs as lean as possible until the cat heats up, which is when the O2 sensor in the exhaust detects that the cat has heated up after about 1-2minutes of running and the ECU switches to "normal" mode.

My opinion would be: find a good long-primary 4-2-1 system by a reputable tuner (usually the Jap companies) and you wont go wrong with those. They're really good.

/adian

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Spicing up Project Kermit with some interracial action with perhaps the only green foursome ever recorded of barely legal MINI RS X GT3 RS X MINIGHINI X LP SPYDER. Stay tuned for a full feature.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience