ROTA Wheels/Rims

GeorgieBoy

Nov 23, 2008
I'm planning to get a new wheels for my Evo7. When I search on line, there's Rota P45 & P45R. Are P45 and P45R the same thing?(They look the same to me).
I'm planning to get ROTA P45 18x9.5 +30.. (Picture) with 245/40/18 tires.
And I already lowered my Evo with Tein S.Tech spring..
Will it go direct fit to my evo?
Do i need any spacer for this?

Please Advise

Attachments

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
its all in the offset of the rim whether it will fit nicely and functions well like the stock rim.. the evo7 stock offset is 38 if i remember correctly.. 8.5width is the ideal size for functionality.. 9inch -9.5 will snug the rim to the outer side which will have fender scrub problems, but can still fit by rolling the fenders n the use of coilovers with negative chambers to fit..

Rspirit

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2007
Where can u source for ROTA wheels in Malaysia?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
i guess need to order it.. tyre shops could order it though for a price... but the shape looks similar to TE37 and Nismo Rim LM GT4.. some tyre shops does carry Ori Japan rims.. but famous models like Rays & SSR..

GeorgieBoy

Nov 23, 2008
I work in the states.. So im planning to buy 1 here and send it to malaysia

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
Rota wheels are cool & popular in the states, they have great olskool copy with great quality, too bad I cant find ady dealer YET? u=in Malaysia....anyone ?
made in Philippines :)

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
its all in the offset of the rim whether it will fit nicely and functions well like the stock rim.. the evo7 stock offset is 38 if i remember correctly.. 8.5width is the ideal size for functionality.. 9inch -9.5 will snug the rim to the outer side which will have fender scrub problems, but can still fit by rolling the fenders n the use of coilovers with negative chambers to fit..
You mean camber?
No such thing as chamber adjusters lah bro :rolleyes: ...

boxer_power

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
miami
yes...why u buy in malaysia?the rate is like f**king hell,take ur car go straight to singapore,their sell rim damn cheap,here second te37 their sell 8k,new is 10k

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
I just found Rota dealer for Malaysia market via Facebook (Rota Wheels Malaysia) anyone bought their sets from them? am thinking to buy my sets :D

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Width is too big and weight is too heavy. No point to sacrifice 1-3 second for pickup and more fuel consumption in all range for street use. Those cheap Taiwan replica may do a lot better. 1 wheel 1KG will transform about 20+kg on car weight. A good set of 225/40/18 street tires (example T1R) is good for high speed cornering at 170-190km/h (genting sempah). 245 is just over kill.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yes there Rota dealer in Singapore. My friend just bought a set of Rota for his Impreza 2 months back. I remember seeing someone selling Rota rims even in the marketplace. Check out the market place.

I have read mixed reviews on Rota wheels actually from some US forums. Don't know how the quality is actually. Anyone has first hand experience with Rota?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
I just found Rota dealer for Malaysia market via Facebook (Rota Wheels Malaysia) anyone bought their sets from them? am thinking to buy my sets :D
im a user of rota.. and i asked them the price of the same wheels im using.... their prices are ridiculous... 2.8k for 15" replicas from a phillipines brand... gila ka apa? for that price can get used originals... or add abit more can get brand new original enkei wheels...

i purposely made the drive down and bought my rota rims brand new in singapore... INCLUSIVE of toll and petrol (from KL to SG & back)... it came up to about 1.6 - 1.8k max...hence the i use the word ridiculous...

ive always wanted to see this brand in malaysia as i think rota are good bang for buck wheels...but at those prices.. wats so bang for buck?? rota is a cheap but good replica wheel...thats about it... theyre not some super duper brand like volk or ssr or enkei etc... the truth is that theyre fakes... but very good fakes...and its like selling fakes at original prices.. seriously...go get yerself taiwanese wheels....or buy some super cheap disposable wheels n take a drive to singapore and buy them there...

i say yes to rota...but no to rota wheels malaysia

Yes there Rota dealer in Singapore. My friend just bought a set of Rota for his Impreza 2 months back. I remember seeing someone selling Rota rims even in the marketplace. Check out the market place.

I have read mixed reviews on Rota wheels actually from some US forums. Don't know how the quality is actually. Anyone has first hand experience with Rota?
when i was using my 15" rota with 165/50/15 tires (which is super thin) i ran over a rock at about 80km/h....of course the wheel broke... but it was a small crack....then at a tire shop i met a dood in a BMW 3 series...who had the same fate with me with the rock....his original BMW rims almost split in half...there was only about 3-4 inches left before it split.

best part is... i bought just ONE PIECE replacement wheel from singapore...coz thats how they sell it there...

but yes, rota did have their issues...some i read were resolved..some i dunno...

a bit heavy compared to forged rims
not really.. the first time i lifted up the 15" slipstream (which was about 10 years ago) i thought they were ori regamaster/spoon wheels (at the time i didnt know about rota yet)

n from info gathered on the net.. the auto x is only 2lbs heavier than then ori type x.

Last edited: