ROTA Wheels/Rims

neosa

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Bro can sms me the address shop at sg? Last time they quo.te me $2k for 18inch..+6594990833.. Tq u can pm me

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
thats prices for 15'' (second or new)
i thinks for others 18 inch is different price.
i cek sg forum also the price :call::hmmmm2: r u sure thats price or u want treats people like u are the good person in forum
:flute:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
feel free to google for rota dealer in singapore and email them... u can get that contact in rotawheels website.

the price i posted is for 15" new. havent changed much from when i bought my rims from them 4+ years ago...u can ask them for the same rim i asked..

n yes, the email i posted was real...not "fabricated"...believe or not..up to u lor...

but i really dun understand y u dont believe me about it.. are u selling rota wheels?

Last edited:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
feel free to google for rota dealer in singapore and email them... u can get that contact in rotawheels website.

the price i posted is for 15" new. havent changed much from when i bought my rims from them 4+ years ago...u can ask them for the same rim i asked..

n yes, the email i posted was real...not "fabricated"...believe or not..up to u lor...

but i really dun understand y u dont believe me about it.. are u selling rota wheels?
:rofl::rofl:

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
not selling rota wheels...
but needs a to be true... to be honest...
:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
well then...like i said... i didnt "fabricate" that email..wat i say is true and im being honest... u wanna believe me...believe la..dun wanna believe...up to u....

ive given my proof. included calculations etc...so same goes for everyone else oso...wanna believe...believe.. dun wanna believe...up to u guys... aint my money wasted.

in fact...i even encourage to go and find out the singapore dealer and email them personally....i just dont wanna post up the name of the shop coz i dont want to seem like im promoting watever shop...

coz i personally think that just because u have the money to pay for something thats very overpriced, doesnt mean u should....coz if u wanna spend that much extra unnecessarily, that money is better off donated to charity. or even used to buy stuff for ur family members or for ur own house...etc etc.

for me...the RM1k difference i can get used Recaro SPG wooooo..... or even a brand new Kolcraft Contours stroller for my son... heh heh heh

Last edited:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Hey guys,
i'm here not to BASH anyone, if u dont trust me then don't bother to ask me..

madman got his point there, it is up to u to accept his point and pls dont ask me who i email and i'm here not to promote any shop ..Don't pm me, i will not reply..

i'm not a fren with this madman but i did my own research cheapest rim in singapore was SGD1k based on reliable source and this price is not discount price...i think should be 17" or 18"..
Not sure wat brand are those but it is all original and the rim quality was far better than our market based on the guy i interview..

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2012
SINGAPORE

I can confirm the email is real becaused i was the one who replied you lol.
Cheers!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

The pictures containing emails are legitimate.
They were replied by Rota Singapore.

Please note that Rota has not appointed any companies in Malaysia as the distributor for Rota wheels.

All the emails to Rota will be routed to Rota Singapore in which we will be handling your enquiries.

Thank you!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I can confirm the email is real becaused i was the one who replied you lol.
Cheers!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

The pictures containing emails are legitimate.
They were replied by Rota Singapore.

Please note that Rota has not appointed any companies in Malaysia as the distributor for Rota wheels.

All the emails to Rota will be routed to Rota Singapore in which we will be handling your enquiries.

Thank you!
Whoa so the so called "Rota Malaysia" is not a true Rota distributor for Malaysia?? Well then that explains the difference in prices!

newuy

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
if not mistaken, i got my 17 inch rota slipstreams for sgd200/pc in 2006.
i did some calculations back then, and drove down, installed the rotas with dunlop dz tires, trade in my OEM honda civic Fd1 rims+tires even, and came back to KL. and the price was still cheaper than buying taiwanese rims+tires here in KL...

Just sharing with others that there are options if you make the effort to research a bit, and make a road trip(makan in malacca,happy hour in SGD,etc somemore).
but if you dont wanna drive down, just buy from the rota wheels malaysia from FB.
but are they the same person?
back in 2006, i remember there was no rota distributor in malaysia, you mean there is now?

Re: ROTA Grid Wheels. Style over safety?
From my experience, I had used 17inch Rota Slipstream(spoon sw388 lookalilke) on my civic fd1 from 2006 until 2010. Liked the design very much, it was Matte black with red line on the rim's lip. Back then it was nicer than those wedsport or work emotion replica rims. with the rota, i did not face and problems whatsever. hit potholes here and there, still tough and still balanceable when changing tires and doing wheel balancing.(maybe bcoz my design had 5 large spokes = tougher)
i got them then from Singapore - HTyre for roughly the price of Taiwanese 17 inch rims.< rm2k
changed it in 2010 for new rims with different offset as the rota offsets require spacers since i had BBK in front. and i didn;t like to continue getting spacers.

overall you get what you pay for, the weight is manageable and light for 17inch.
I think more recently there are some distributor starting to sell Rota branded rims locally.
They are manufactured in Philipines when i got them in 2006, and in SG, the shop i went to-HTyre was selling quite a lot of rota rims. I was told Rota make alot of OEM rims in philipines..maybe kinda like our JRD/enkei in malaysia

The picture of the rim snapping off is usually a sign of metal fatigue or direct impact for cast rims.
In fact, any OEM rim that are cast will also snap off like that if you hit it hard enough or there is already metal fracture.
I had a fren with Ori MItsubishi lancer GT 18 inch rims, hit a pothole somewhere in KL, the rim cracked though the center and it become 2 thin rims...thats OEM quality to you.

No harm in sharing a proven fact, but those images dont tell the entire story, they might be true but maybe just the end result, the process before that end-result=we can only guess.
Just be careful whether its OEM, or replica or ori JDM, our roads here can kill any rim, no matter how cheap or expensive they may be.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2012
SINGAPORE
Whoa so the so called "Rota Malaysia" is not a true Rota distributor for Malaysia?? Well then that explains the difference in prices!
We had a meeting at Rota HQ last month....

Nothing that we know of....
We do not know the origin of these wheels....

If there is a distributor in Malaysia, it will be officially listed on the Rota website....
This should be clear enuff...
Thanks

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
We had a meeting at Rota HQ last month....

Nothing that we know of....
We do not know the origin of these wheels....

If there is a distributor in Malaysia, it will be officially listed on the Rota website....
This should be clear enuff...
Thanks
Yeap, just checked the website and indeed there's no official Rota Malaysia distributor in the list! For SE Asia, besides Singapore, only got one in Jakarta, Indonesia.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if not mistaken, i got my 17 inch rota slipstreams for sgd200/pc in 2006.
i did some calculations back then, and drove down, installed the rotas with dunlop dz tires, trade in my OEM honda civic Fd1 rims+tires even, and came back to KL. and the price was still cheaper than buying taiwanese rims+tires here in KL...

Just sharing with others that there are options if you make the effort to research a bit, and make a road trip(makan in malacca,happy hour in SGD,etc somemore).
but if you dont wanna drive down, just buy from the rota wheels malaysia from FB.
but are they the same person?
back in 2006, i remember there was no rota distributor in malaysia, you mean there is now?
No problem with Customs? Because not sure which year, my friend mentioned customs very strict with tyres from Singapore...If pay tax, then will be more costly.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wondering if we can make eagle-eye using bright led...anybody can show me the diagram so we can make it....im a little stupid about electronics....
so,then we can make the cheap LED eagle eye....isn't it great right?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience