Replacing Wira's Fuel Pump with Evo's

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Hi,

I'm currently replacing my Wira's fuel pump with Evo's. Reason is for more fuel to flow.

The problem I'm currently facing is that Evo's fuel pump is ~1cm longer than Wira's, and thus it can't fit into the original Wira bracket (see pics below).The fuel hose and wire can't enter the bracket if fitted with Evo's fuel pump.

May I know how is this actually fitted?

Fuel pump on the left is Evo's, right is Wira's.

Wira's fuel pump bracket.

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
ic... Any other fuel pumps that can replace the Wira fuel pump? How about Walbro ?

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
bro, simple je tu, can fit but need some adjustment,the oil rubber hose need to shorten abit, u also need to do some minor rewiring at at the fuel pump to use back the evo socket, just 2 wires +ve and -ve, dun get it wrong else ur fuel pump will blow feul..

i install nissan fuel pump at my wira bracket, nissan feul pump are way bigger size that evo, my bracket already been cut summore , and just tie up the pump with cable tie hehehe... no problem until today...

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
wao... you cut the bracket? I'm afraid if the bracket has been modified and the fuel pump isn't secured properly, it might come out after time. Taking out the fuel tank is terribly hard.

You have a picture of your fuel pump ?

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
only cut the bottom part bro, just tied up the pump with cable ties only...
no pic la, but the pump is rather big/long compare to mitsu one, mine taken from nissan RB series engine, but.. if i may suggest, if u dont know how to install, just go to a mechanic bro.... :biggrin:

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
ya, the nissan fuel pump are huge compare to my mazda pump also. but my fuel pump bracket the bottom part can be remove. so i just remove it and tie it with cable tie. no need to worry it will drop drop because at the end, the pump filter bag is in the end of tank due to the huge size on the pump.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

AEM 4 Channel Twin Fire Ignition Module

Decide to get this and install it into my car. After around 2.5hrs or wiring etc. Its finally done.

I also increase the spark gap to 1.1mm

Initial impression is good. I can feel the idling smoother (less vibration). pick up is also better.

Will need some time to see if my FC improves.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience