Repainting Bumper

euthanasia

Known Member
Jan 3, 2004
Guys,

I feel like repainting my front bumper as it has loads of chips and scratches...BTW, my car is 2001 GTi...last time polished, last year...i fear that the outcome of the new bumper will cast a deep contrast. Will it be obvious? Silver colour looks more easy to me!

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
i thin for sure, for a start u should buy the same paint from the same manufacturer.. should be a sticker in ur engine compartment mentioneing this..

from there its the skil of the painter that will determine the quality..

ravis

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Earth-Seremban
Visit site
There will be a slight differences but then after polishing, there shouldn't be any differences at all.........it will take a week or two. It happened to my car and i was worried like u but not any more.....happy painting dude

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
it will have slight difference if ur car paint is old ..if ur whole car paint kind old den of cus it will make difference, how do u want ur painter to paint the front bumper like an old car paint rite? ehhee..unless u got a bad painter den eventhough ur car paint is still new den it might have slight diff, dat is becus of the skills of the painter..my frens tried dat b4, car paint still new den go for body parts repaint duno which part, results big diff becus of painter's skill..

good luck..

Michael85

Known Member
Sep 30, 2004
Visit site
i heard from a painter b4,he's me fren.he told me that a plastic/fiber and steel painted with the same color of paint at the same time,it will still different a bit,but color diff more obvious under sun.

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
a good painter will take a little piece of yr car colour and then add a mixture to get a paint to the nearest to yr car colour by refering the piece taken...so after spray there should be no majpr contrast ..so it all depends on the painter and ur money hehe ...cheeers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu sifu....

yesterday i just install my ground cable....
first is that my car is old..
so originally.. if open lights.. the rpm will drop a bit..
but then.. after i install ground cable, also same.. :(
dono why like this..
maybe my cable not thick enough? ( i using like 16 gauge)

the point i use is ... 2 point at engine block..
and one point at firewall, another point at body near the headlamp.
maybe not enough point?

any sifu can help?

another thing wan to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience