Recommendations for radiator fan motor overhaul/recondition

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
Hey guys,

I don't know if there is such a service where they remove your radiator fan motor and change the brush etc lube it up and reinstall... My fan is getting noisy and there is resistance to it when I spin it free hand. I am hoping that is cheaper than getting a new/used unit...

If it matters, its an old volvo s40. If someone can recommend a place and include known pricing, it's much appreciated!

Thanks!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Get one from chop shop rather than fixing it.. Or just buy a new fan motor...best to try your luck with spare parts shops specializing in Volvo.

You fix it you don't know how long it'll work before it fails again, and probably very soon. You don't want the fan going kaput on you.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
buying a new fan is better option. Old fan is worn and not efficient anymore. New fan is quieter, more efficient (better blade design, no. of blades used, etc) and more compact in size. Overall, it would be better in regulating the engine temperature.

Electric fan these days are common items, so prices are very much affordable...

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
ah ok thanks will call my parts guy... 10 years ago a fan would cost you RM1k, cross my fingers. Cheers

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If its gonna cost RM1k, then you might want to go online and search.. I do know for a fact Volvo parts damn expensive here. New lower arm costs Rm4.5k for one side on a S60 T5.. hahaha.. ridiculous.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro,

why i can't listen to my fm radio clearly?... is there any booster? my car is normal satria.... do you think that i should change to gti antenna to get more clear?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience