Proton Radiator Fan?

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, I just realized today that my radiator and AC fan turns and then stops while the car is idling. Is this normal? Nothing wrong with the A/C though. Car doesn't overheat either. :slug:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It turns for a while, then stops for a while, then repeat cycle.
Radiator fan runs on radiator temperature. When hot it triggers fan to run to cool radiator, when temperature comes down it switches off.
A/C fan runs to cool A/C condenser. When a/c Compressor is on, a/c fan will run as condenser will heat up. When a/c is cold enough, according to temp set, it will disengage the a/c compressor and in turn it switches off the a/c fan.
Therefore both fans will on and off in intervals.
In Some cars a/c compressor will activate both a/c and radiator fan to cool condenser faster...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Exactly as vr bro explained, that is why you could listen any car idling would have a loud and quiet sound.

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
In Some cars a/c compressor will activate both a/c and radiator fan to cool condenser faster...
in my wira both fan will activate if either fan triggered..
also after engine switch off my fan can activate if radiator temp high..hehehehe..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
in my wira both fan will activate if either fan triggered..
also after engine switch off my fan can activate if radiator temp high..hehehehe..
In my VR, radiator fan runs on radiator only but override by a/c. A/c fan controlled by a/c.
Some Newer cars nowadays radiator fan runs even after engine switched off, but to me no point as water circulation already stopped and fan is drawing current from battery as alternator also stop working dy.....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here's a video of an old Super GT event featured on Hot Version. Orido and Wakisaka explains the fun and dangers of racing, the thrills of battling each other and how much a weight ballast affects the car ranking. An awesome video, where great cars such as the Supra and NSX was still alive. Gotta miss this one!

YouTube - ‪LIFE IN THE FAST LANE - ORIDO...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience