Rb 20 or 1jz into Merz 123 Model

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
hi guys, anyone here have any experiences to put in rb20 and 1jz into merz 123 model? izzit nice ? fuel comsumption how ? which shops in pj and kl area is cheaper to do this kind of mod ? cos, my budget is rm 5k oli. i donknow wheter can do it or not, btw, my father's merz oredi very old.nid to do something on engine oreid.

hope that sifu sifu here can give me a hand and help me. share experiences here or give me advise.

thanks. and i waiting u all to reply me here.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
for me, 5k , sure to put in a 1jz , auto also will do
rb20 is too small for a merce body , its heavy

1jz with lil mods , can get u somewhere 300+hp

atuf

Known Member
Jan 2, 2006
go for 2jz...sure terangkat.....
but 5k...think again bro...don't be another 1/2way project

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
no matter 1j , 2J , RB20, RB25 or RB26....
how about JPJ approval?
can pass or not 1st....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
europe car can use japanese car engine..jpj allowed..

BTW, wat is ur current cc for 123? normaly i see ppl put 6cylinder engine.....

and for Rm5K....i dun think it is sufficient if u wanna get the engine+labor+jpj approval...

my2cent

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if ur budget is rm5k, better just get the original engine overhauled. no way u can get everything done within rm5k. if can also, u wont be satisfied. nothing will run right...

just consider that the modifications needed to make nissan engine work with mercedes items.

ok this is the cheapest costing:
halcut rb20 manual rm2500
workmanship rm1500(very unlikely)
fuel pump rm150(chop shop)
wiring charges rm200(at least, in order to make the meter work. if not no temp, speedo n rpm reading)
modifications for rear axle-longshaft matching rm200(can simply cut n weld, once u tekan, the welds will break off if not done properly)
no need to change clutch plate, engine oil, beltings, etc etc?

please dont proceed unless u have at least rm10k bro. of course we will say that we convert but wont tekan. but hey we have got a Race Breed engine, and the feeling when turbo kicks in is just priceless. eventually u will tekan... trust me. better do it right the first time...

p/s pure continental enthusiasts will never put a "datsun" or "toyopet" engine into continentals hehehehehe

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
haha....lots of sifus here sound out oredi.very good.

ok. 1st of all, for this old school car, i don think i will do any approval la. don worry about it. is not worth to do so.

2nd is the reason i wanna to put 1jz or rb20 is my dad sat on his fren's car b4,it merz rb26. it is very nice. power cukup. and the car didn give any problem since the owner mod it untill now (almost 3 year oredi). sometime, owner use it to drift also. Then, i asked the owner b4 about his car(w123 also). he said is cheaper than overhaul + replace all the old part. somemore he raise up the boost untill 1.2 bar. untill now nth happen.he said need careful to take care it oli. like change minyak engine and plag on time.

then, now the workshop which modified his car oredi close and no doing business anymore. so, canot do my car on the shop lor. thats y i nid to find another good workshop and expert to do this kind of modification.

haha ....this is the story behind la.....but anyone here can rekemen me such expert workshops which can doing well on this kind of modification?

thanks......and thanks to all the comments of all the sifus here .

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hey b8,
I have tried BMW 7series with rb20(A), really lack of power thn fuel wise will be 0.30cents / km.
Then try Mitsubishi Pajero with with 1jz.. huhu.. very power until cant control the car.. petrol wise as the same as BM RB20.
Good Luck..
Happy Boosting..

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
rb25det halfcut should be around rm4500-5000.it is better than rb20 for sure.
but then 1jz would be cheaper.

CorollaGT

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
Malaysia
JPJ allow europe car to use japanese car engine. But, The condition is you can't
charge the ownership where U sell off your car. In Sabah here, A lot of imported Land Rover from KL and some local Menz W123 or W124 installed with 2JZ-GTE or 1JZ-GTE VVT-i. Very powerfull..Man:shocked:

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
i was in a bmw 5 series but 95 year model.rb25det from r33 is laying inside the bay.power is damm nice.even scary.coz bmw is rear wheel drive.

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
Just go for 1JZ, i have got an w123 wit 1G-GTE b 4, not so well perfomed. Just better than any normal 2.5 n/a car. But 1 thing u have to consider and its from my experince, the rear axcel wont last u long. if u speeding over 150km/h, u will having heavy vibration from the back of the car. this is bcoz the rear axcel from merz is designed to reach top speed of 180km/h onli. i have changed 2 axcel in 1 year for my merz, even i have found the best one to fit it which is from w123-3.0cc with better ratio.
To put in 1jz into w123 is not an problem at all, just mods the engine's mounting and some minor mods onli.
Wiring i suggest u put in the full set of 1jz. then trace back from wat to need in w123's dash. Eg: console wiring for aircond, dash meter, signaling lights and etc.
Dont use the w123 dash meter, use the 1jz meter. this is becoz the reading of both meter will never b the same. ( example : 1. the speed sensor from 1jz's tranny is digital. there is no cable. how r u going to convert it into w123's meter which is using cable ? 2. The RPM signal is not same also. yes, u may get w123's rpm moving but its not accurate. )
The halfcut of 1jz (JZZ30) is around 2.5k to 3k, labour charges around 1.5k.
these 2 things already cost u nearly 5k. yet its not include all unexpected expences.
Think Twice.
If u got any problem, u can pm me.
I hav full set of 1jz (JZZ30) wiring diagram which i used to convert my LS400 into 1JZ-GTE.

good luck

Eng

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just reacently changed my Yrv turbine to Garret AR48, and there are powerloss because of insufficient fuel going to the engine. which is better, i was told that if i used fuel injectors i can tune it with my e-manage, and if i was to change fuel injector, what injector should i change to?

Fuel Regulator can make the fuel more rich to the engine? :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience