Rb 20 or 1jz into Merz 123 Model

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
drsyakirin said:
hw about mercedes benz W126 model ( 280/300SE) model? Better RB25/26, 1 Jz or mercedes benz itself? Any opinion or experience?
urs 126 is 6cylinders with 104engine izzit?

if u upgrade back to MB engine itself, it will cost u higher....

current engine not perform wel?

y2kzone7

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
I looking for 1JZ-GTE Soarer(A) Half cut, PM me for reasonable price and contact number(Halfcut center). Thank you.

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
Just go for 1JZ, i have got an w123 wit 1G-GTE b 4, not so well perfomed. Just better than any normal 2.5 n/a car. But 1 thing u have to consider and its from my experince, the rear axcel wont last u long. if u speeding over 150km/h, u will having heavy vibration from the back of the car. this is bcoz the rear axcel from merz is designed to reach top speed of 180km/h onli. i have changed 2 axcel in 1 year for my merz, even i have found the best one to fit it which is from w123-3.0cc with better ratio.
To put in 1jz into w123 is not an problem at all, just mods the engine's mounting and some minor mods onli.
Wiring i suggest u put in the full set of 1jz. then trace back from wat to need in w123's dash. Eg: console wiring for aircond, dash meter, signaling lights and etc.
Dont use the w123 dash meter, use the 1jz meter. this is becoz the reading of both meter will never b the same. ( example : 1. the speed sensor from 1jz's tranny is digital. there is no cable. how r u going to convert it into w123's meter which is using cable ? 2. The RPM signal is not same also. yes, u may get w123's rpm moving but its not accurate. )
The halfcut of 1jz (JZZ30) is around 2.5k to 3k, labour charges around 1.5k.
these 2 things already cost u nearly 5k. yet its not include all unexpected expences.
Think Twice.
If u got any problem, u can pm me.
I hav full set of 1jz (JZZ30) wiring diagram which i used to convert my LS400 into 1JZ-GTE.

good luck

Eng

yea dude..
my RB25DET also faced similar prob with rpm..ori engine was 4cyl 318(E36),tried to put in 6cyl speedo but still reading not accurate until i opted for defi rpm..
no prob though with bmw rear axle 1.8 ratio..acceleration also can do laa..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye guys.do anyone of u noe how 2 install fake rear wiper.u noe,the wiper cannot move.just put there for show only.i read somewhere that a shop in kL called redzone or something can do it bt its to far away coz i'm from jb so a waste if go to kL just to do the wiper.really need the help guys.tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience