Question to Kelisa/Kenari Owners

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
How's it goin folks... quick question to all that've upgraded their car's air filter... I just installed a Hurricane air filter in my Kelisa... the problem is when the mechanic installed it, he said he couldn't screw the whole air filter system on the engine... so basically he just screwed the head of the filter tube to the engine but left everything else "loose" <-- direct quote from the Abang mechanic... did you guys also encounter this problem when you upgraded your air filters??? I don't know if there's something wrong with my car, or it's just that the Abang mechanic knew nothing bout installing air filters in K-Cars.... any info you can hook me up with, is greatly appreciated.... thanks a bunch

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
is this filter? notice the use of the zip tie to secure it...there's no mount made on the pipe.... :D

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
hey tks, thanks for the detailed pics and info... but yeah mine is exactly the same air filter except it has a silver tube instead and these are the most noticeable differences I can tell from your pic and what was done under my hood...

1) The zip tie (white plastic) near the head of the air filter is definitely missing...
2) There are two hinges on the end of the black plastic/rubber tubing that the Abang mechanic just left dangling on the air filter and not screwed/mounted on to the engine...

I've enclosed a revised of ur previous picture to illustrate what I mean, but I would also like to ask/confirm if your air filter is definitely not screwed to any part of your engine and if that's so, doesn't that risk the possibility of the air filter bouncing everywhere near the engine compartment and eventually "popping" off???

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
i never thought securing those piping is this difficult......just use cable tie lor... how hard could that be????
that abg mechanic should have known better, but yet he say it cant be done??? stupid abg mechanic...

junhe

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
this air filter giving more performance if compare wif another type?

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Originally posted by arsenalfc9@Mar 3 2005, 08:11
hey tks, thanks for the detailed pics and info... but yeah mine is exactly the same air filter except it has a silver tube instead and these are the most noticeable differences I can tell from your pic and what was done under my hood...

1) The zip tie (white plastic) near the head of the air filter is definitely missing...
2) There are two hinges on the end of the black plastic/rubber tubing that the Abang mechanic just left dangling on the air filter and not screwed/mounted on to the engine...

I've enclosed a revised of ur previous picture to illustrate what I mean, but I would also like to ask/confirm if your air filter is definitely not screwed to any part of your engine and if that's so, doesn't that risk the possibility of the air filter bouncing everywhere near the engine compartment and eventually "popping" off???
ok from the pic...those rings u circled are just hoseclamps...to secure the rubber hose to the pipe...

the zip tie is to secure the whose assy. to the engine...there's a hole there wat. the stock pipe for the airbox is mounted there.

if u zip tied it to anywhere...that means its secured...it probably wont drop off...the zip tie can take the heat! :)

i dont know about the power this thing can give u la....what i know is, it can give u a whole lotta fcuking noise! :lol:

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
ahhh.... i see i see... alright then... thanks a bunch man for the info... I'm going to have to see the Abang mechanic again to make sure he installs this things back on properly :angry: ....

junhe... in my opinion, like wat tks said, it gives the car a nice sound during low RPMs, and there is not that much of a performance upgrade compared to maybe the HKS mushroom air filter, etc. ... however when i installed the air filter, i also changed the muffler and placed a centre-box without changing the original piping of my car at the same time(trying to emphasize for on top speed rather than acceleration for my car ;) ), so this is probably why there's not a sufficient increase in acceleration and opposite to what I've heard from some of my friends who also use the air filter for their Kelisas/Kenaris...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All Sifu,

I just install arkdesign advance boost controller to my car.Appreciate if all sifu here to explain and teach how to do the setting. A bit confusing on SET and GAIN. Normal boost 1 bar for my car .My car spec is VR4 engine ( rojak ) TD 05 with[FONT=&quot] Tial 40mm wastegate and Tial 50mm blow off.

TQ

[/FONT]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience