Proton Wiper / Pump wont work anymore!

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Help guys,

I noticed that the fuse got burnt so I replaced another 15A fuse. The minute I tried, it instantly burnt again so must be some short circuit.

What are the possibilities? Can DIY? So many problem already.

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
You mean, after replacing the 15A fuse, and you try to 'use' your wiper, the fuse burn again?

Maybe your wiper motor short circuit already... Can get a second hand wiper unit (with 2 pumps) for ~RM30 only.

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
I had a similar case exactly a year ago. Lotsa replacement fuses were burnt. So I brought my car to a wireman to check. After he scrutinized thoroughly, the culprit was the car jack in the boot. It was shifted few mm's from the comparment and made direct contact with core wire of the rear brakelight. It was so funny, I never realized such thing could happen but it did. lol.

Same thing happened to a friend oso. You might want to check it.

if not, it could be something else le.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Me and my friend were chatting recently and he suddenly brought up the topic lift hood.
I remember some guys who lifted their hood slightly higher at the part near the front wind shield told me that it is a method to let the hot air in the engine bay escape.

But according to my friend, by lifting the hood up, when you are traveling at higher speed, the air traveling above the bonnet is faster than the air traveling inside the engine bay therefore it generates lift which reduces the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience