problem with D15B

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

qmb_rocket

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
seven sky
hai all sifu's,

My D15B engine have some problem. The rpm goes up & down when i release the fuel pedal when i speeding or cruising, then after i press brake pedal it's going normal. But it's ok when idling. Also i'm planning to change my GB from auto to manual tranny. How much it cost incl GB, pedal, gear lever? Need to change computer box? Any problem?

Thanks in advance for all your knowledge sharing with me.

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
sounds like a cvt problem. when is the last time u made a cvt fluid change? try changing it and see if got improvement or not. might have to do overhaul tho.

change to manual will cost around 2-3k if u ask around. the biggest prob is getting the manual transmission ecu. you could still use the auto ecu but the auto ecu require feedback from cvt control unit to work properly i.e. engage vtec etc. without this the car will still run in limp/safe mode i.e. max rev 5k, no vtec, will throw CEL, hunting rpm etc.

the other hardware such as pedals, gearbox etc are relatively available as u can use anything d series parts from 1990-2000.

melvtec

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
KL - KT
same prob with me....go to BIG V manual ajer...haha

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
try going through the ground works i.e. change cvt fluid or something. might spend about 200 plus for the cvt fluid. if u plan to swap a b series using up extra 200 won't hurt anyway since series swaps can go thousands

qmb_rocket

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
seven sky
thanks bro...firstly, what is cvt....plan to change mt but hard to fing mt ecu...who have transplant engine & want to sell their complete sohc inj engine incl ecu, engine, g/box etc to fit my eg. cheap-cheap laaaa.... contact/pm/msg me 019-6320192-pajo

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
EG? apu ezlah i tot u are using EK3. Which series EG are you using? EG8? meaning it is just single stage SOHC VTEC

No worries man the gearbox, shifter and other hardware are relatively available. Though the manual ECU might be hard to find for EG, apparently I read before from other forums that the auto ECU for this particular category can be "modified" to manual ECU. I do not know the full detail you may have to do some research on your own.

Forget about CVT as it does not relate to your problem. But no harm searching the net regarding CVT (continuous variable transmission aka stepless transmission etc etc)

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
yo Hattech-v can mod obd2b 3 stage cvt to manual oso? :)

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
hattech... u got MT gearbox for D15B (Vtec)???

a lot of my friends looking for it too...

how about D15 non vtec MT? i MAY want it....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

D1 Grand Prix Malaysia - The Preview and SS0 5 Dot 5 - | Night |
Bukit Jalil Stadium Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

Images by: Mazranz & Andy Goh
Words: R3

A record number of over 25,000 spectators witnessed what could possibly be Malaysian motorsports history in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience