Pro and Cons Of Auto & Manual Cars - Open Discussion

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
with the way its going, soon we might be like the US of A, where a manual stick works like an anti-theft device. :rofl:

on the other hand, i once drove a friends' MyVi manual at peak hour in KL, that was crazy. Alot worse than driving my own car, which is a manual too. Something wrong with the placement of the clutch i think, my left leg got a good workout after that. Also, the gear stick wasn't smooth as well, even in 1st gear! Had to roll the car abit to go in gear, kinda like how one would do in reverse gear.

But i love driving my old trusty manual car, feels at home :biggrin:

p/s: an auto is great too, especially with a pedal shifter. (NFS mode on) :rofl:

probably he didn't even know how to adjust the myvi's clutch because the stock setting was way too high....aching heel.....

and yes if difficult to engage 1st in myvi just direct shift into 2nd...lightweight body+plenty of torque at low rpm...also help reduce gear shifting time because of short 1st gear ratio... :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
True fact. Manual car blocking another car, give key for him to move manual car. Came back and ask us to move because he don't know how to drive the manual.....:banghead:
Don't la again say like that...:bawling:

lol....it's like "why bother going to school where most of the subject they teach is irrelevant to our future jobs?" :banghead:

Some ppl isnt talented to drive a car. Steering, braking, accelerating, etc. Dat's why driving school is needed. Practice makes perfects.
Very good point, something wrong with the man's brain...

driving school also teach on the road signs and situation/case scenario for driver to know.
but i dun tink many remember it.only applies when taking the exam.
after dat drive like rally driver...even divider they will "langgar" and use the emergency lane to speed off etc... :confused:
Yup many just want to get the license...got once I almost ram into a kelisa at a roundabout...
Lucky for me I got good defensive driving...if not surely accident...
Both of us suppose to turn to 12pm since she is on the left and i was on the right...
Turn on my signal to tell that I'm turning left...and suddenly I suspect something not right
with the car gesture, as expected she wanted to turn to 3pm...but from left side WITHOUT signal???
Her signal was signalling left!!!

I really gave that B**** a good hell of a horn..no wonder her kelisa kemek here and there...
:banghead: :mad: Some ladies really cant drive...:banghead:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
with the way its going, soon we might be like the US of A, where a manual stick works like an anti-theft device. :rofl:

on the other hand, i once drove a friends' MyVi manual at peak hour in KL, that was crazy. Alot worse than driving my own car, which is a manual too. Something wrong with the placement of the clutch i think, my left leg got a good workout after that. Also, the gear stick wasn't smooth as well, even in 1st gear! Had to roll the car abit to go in gear, kinda like how one would do in reverse gear.

But i love driving my old trusty manual car, feels at home :biggrin:

p/s: an auto is great too, especially with a pedal shifter. (NFS mode on) :rofl:
probably he didn't even know how to adjust the myvi's clutch because the stock setting was way too high....aching heel.....

and yes if difficult to engage 1st in myvi just direct shift into 2nd...lightweight body+plenty of torque at low rpm...also help reduce gear shifting time because of short 1st gear ratio... :biggrin:
i have to agree that the manual stock myvi is very hard to drive.
dats y when i bought the car, at the 1st service maintenance i ask the service centre to adjust it to the lowest/bearable setting.when stock it is too high.i also cannot get use to it.always dies off and make me look like noobie 'P' driver. :rofl:
after dat it just works fine.
i never did find any issue with the 1st gear coz my previous trusted olskool toyota also like dat for the shifting but the clutch is way better then the myvi's. :driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't la again say like that...:bawling:
Now, the reverse. Got one time my friend driving manual, bought a new auto for his wife. One day he drive the auto out. At traffic lights he put to N, then when lights turn green he still dream, rear car horn him and in the haste he push the gear level forward and step on it and whack the rear car.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now, the reverse. Got one time my friend driving manual, bought a new auto for his wife. One day he drive the auto out. At traffic lights he put to N, then when lights turn green he still dream, rear car horn him and in the haste he push the gear level forward and step on it and whack the rear car.....:banghead:
This is the funniest thing I ever heard in my life :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:laugh:

Beh Tahan wei!!! :laugh:

Ya, me paiseh betul, got once a friend car got block but then can still go out actually got small gap
ngam ngam for the car. So told her give me the keys i help. When I got in....I was like oh F***...

Is a manual....:banghead: Ask me to drive I dare but so long never touch manual and to reverse
out from a tight space like that...not gonna risk it since not my car...

Then i say sorry i didnt drive manual very long liao....then i ask my other friend who was driving manual to reverse...he was having a hard time too...then just thank god i didnt try...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Ya, me paiseh betul, got once a friend car got block but then can still go out actually got small gap
ngam ngam for the car. So told her give me the keys i help. When I got in....I was like oh F***...

Is a manual....:banghead: Ask me to drive I dare but so long never touch manual and to reverse

Then i say sorry i didnt drive manual very long liao....then i ask my other friend who was driving manual to reverse...he was having a hard time too...then just thank god i didnt try...
Alamak haha...nvm lar if bang then got sound mah :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

You laugh. His wife car and rear car also damaged. Not sure if he claim insurance or he paid for the repairs himself.....or can claim the rear fellow, right?.....hahahahahha:rofl:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
i have to agree that the manual stock myvi is very hard to drive.
dats y when i bought the car, at the 1st service maintenance i ask the service centre to adjust it to the lowest/bearable setting.when stock it is too high.i also cannot get use to it.always dies off and make me look like noobie 'P' driver. :rofl:
after dat it just works fine.
i never did find any issue with the 1st gear coz my previous trusted olskool toyota also like dat for the shifting but the clutch is way better then the myvi's. :driver:
exactly! i even killed the engine a few times, and the best part is, i couldn't notice it because the engine was too quiet! light turned green, release clutch n accelerate but car went backwards.. look like a damn noob! haha

I wonder if my friend adjusted his clutch already..

yes, i guess its more comfy to drive in old cars :driver:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
exactly! i even killed the engine a few times, and the best part is, i couldn't notice it because the engine was too quiet! light turned green, release clutch n accelerate but car went backwards.. look like a damn noob! haha

I wonder if my friend adjusted his clutch already..

yes, i guess its more comfy to drive in old cars :driver:
hahaha...i understand man.ya, the myvi engine is really quiet...i have learnt to love peace...
no more exhaust perang, open pod or the idea to BOT. :love:
i haf a colleague who never tot the clutch n be adjusted.she haf been driving it for more then 3 years.
its no wonder i always hear her car revving quite high when tryin to park at the office.
and she doesnt want to adjust it as it is still working fine.hahaha! :driver:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
hahaha...i understand man.ya, the myvi engine is really quiet...i have learnt to love peace...
no more exhaust perang, open pod or the idea to BOT. :love:
i haf a colleague who never tot the clutch n be adjusted.she haf been driving it for more then 3 years.
its no wonder i always hear her car revving quite high when tryin to park at the office.
and she doesnt want to adjust it as it is still working fine.hahaha! :driver:

hehe she can tahan the clutch? 3 years? man that's crazy.. or she has strong legs :rofl:
at least she has one good way of thinking: if it ain't broken, don't fix it :adore:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
one day, if the foot slip on the clutch pedal then its gonna b another story.
o yeah...she drives the car bare footed...if on heels dun tink its drivable.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
sh*t.. damn malu wei.. I killed off the engine twice in one week on a slope when trying to engage 1st gear without handbrake. Sigh.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Some manual cars are easier to drive than others. My dad's Sentra N13 and my old rusty Civic gearchange is much easier and smoother than my bro's Saga BLM and mom's Waja. This could be due to fact that the Sentra & Civic gearchange is via linkage (shaft) while Saga's and Waja's are via cable. All the cars are manual, no one drives auto in my family :biggrin:.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thought I could balance the clutch on the slope.. Gah..

Yeah well.. been on auto for close to 13 years now and before that was manual. So I'm somewhat outta practise.
Same here, been on Auto for the passed 8 years...totally a newbie in manual if i were to start again

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
all this while been using manual even for previous car...might need to switch to auto soon due to old age....:biggrin:
Not yet 50 years old means not old :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i need some advise with "this problem"

I drive a proton satria 1.6 (m), my power steering belt comes out of the pulley and tears a little. So I

changed the power steering pump last year. Today morning the same problem paid a visit again. CAN

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY POWER STEERING PUMP AND WHY IT MAKES

THE BELT RUN OUT OF THE PULLEY. I need the help, thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience