Wira 1.5 Carburetor Fuel consumption Problem !

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Guys,

Recently i found out my wira 1.5 manual carburetor (1997) is being higher fuel consumption compare to few months ago. its happen so sudden which normally i can get Rm60 - 450km, but now only Rm60 - hardly 400km. Dunno whats wrong with my car, service regularly. Hope you guys here can help me out to solve my problem !

update : get my carburetor tuned and changed spark plug 2 weeks ago, but problem with high FC still there.

Extra question : Everytime i fill up my tyres pressure but then i wish to add in more pressure into my tyres to get better FC, but it keep fail cuz of the pumping machines will automatic cut off and wont let me fill more pressure anymore (got "dit-dit-dit" sound). so guys, how to pump in more pressure ah ?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guys,

Recently i found out my wira 1.5 manual carburetor (1997) is being higher fuel consumption compare to few months ago. its happen so sudden which normally i can get Rm60 - 450km, but now only Rm60 - hardly 400km. Dunno whats wrong with my car, service regularly. Hope you guys here can help me out to solve my problem !

update : get my carburetor tuned and changed spark plug 2 weeks ago, but problem with high FC still there.

Extra question : Everytime i fill up my tyres pressure but then i wish to add in more pressure into my tyres to get better FC, but it keep fail cuz of the pumping machines will automatic cut off and wont let me fill more pressure anymore (got "dit-dit-dit" sound). so guys, how to pump in more pressure ah ?
Try servicing the Carburetor, means opening up and wash. Could be dirty after so many years usage.

For higher Tyre pressure, you have to set the pressure you want first then only pump. The dit-dit-dit is when the require pressure is reached, so you just need to set the pressure higher.

wenglucas3

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Try servicing the Carburetor, means opening up and wash. Could be dirty after so many years usage.

For higher Tyre pressure, you have to set the pressure you want first then only pump. The dit-dit-dit is when the require pressure is reached, so you just need to set the pressure higher.
Oh, Is there anything to do with my fuel system ? normally you open fuel cap got "tsssk" sound ? something like releasing pressure / vacuum sound ? i rmb back then my wira got this kinda sound, but after that few months back no more this sound. Since ever the sound gone, my FC starting being bad. is there anything related to my fuel pump ? fuel hose ?

About the tyre thing will try out tonight :)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh, Is there anything to do with my fuel system ? normally you open fuel cap got "tsssk" sound ? something like releasing pressure / vacuum sound ? i rmb back then my wira got this kinda sound, but after that few months back no more this sound. Since ever the sound gone, my FC starting being bad. is there anything related to my fuel pump ? fuel hose ?

About the tyre thing will try out tonight :)
Yup, sort of pressure built up. If don't have the sound, not sure if the petrol is evaporating or not?

wenglucas3

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, sort of pressure built up. If don't have the sound, not sure if the petrol is evaporating or not?
you meaning petrol evaporating inside the tank ? then there must be some leaking ? the weird thing is i park my car at parking lot for long time when working, then after work i go to check the floor but nothing and no smells of petrol also. this problem exist i think about 1months already. there's sudden a drop of 50km mileage per tank and that's consider so much for me.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you meaning petrol evaporating inside the tank ? then there must be some leaking ? the weird thing is i park my car at parking lot for long time when working, then after work i go to check the floor but nothing and no smells of petrol also. this problem exist i think about 1months already. there's sudden a drop of 50km mileage per tank and that's consider so much for me.
Not that sort of leak. If floor got petrol then the leak is very bad already. What I meant was petrol evaporate, but not likely will evaporate that much. Have you check the petrol cap is tight or not?

wenglucas3

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Not that sort of leak. If floor got petrol then the leak is very bad already. What I meant was petrol evaporate, but not likely will evaporate that much. Have you check the petrol cap is tight or not?
Petrol cap i turn till maximum tight, myself sure turn till tight. got inspect the cap when refueling, no signs of damage or crack, juz signs of yellowish maybe due to old already. The rubber seal at edge abit harden already. its already 3 or 4 times i refuel and test with same driving style, still same result so i can confirm is my mileage drop already. Very weird problem~

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
I don't know if this will help your FC problem.

Have you check your wheel bearing or brake for stuckup?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Newbie here.....
wanted to ask can Satria GTI old satria model brake modification.....
Can R32 skyline brake caliper front 4 pot and rear 2 pot(with drum) able to mod into it ?
or any suggestion sifu
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience