Pro and Cons Of Auto & Manual Cars - Open Discussion

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i vote for manual...i love the feel..everyday im stuck in traffic jam, furthermore with a heavy clutch, a semi racing one...sometimes when people like to potong2 me in the jam queue, i will ram2 my car at them...if ram2 with auto, might sound funny..after a tiring journey in the traffic jam, once i reached MEX highway, i will tekan my pedal kaw2 punya, the clutch changing feeling, walawehhh..the best..an auto gearbox can never matched this experience...

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Can, jump start is easy. :wink: yet nowadays a lot of people are willing to help on the road.
Yeah you are right, but must have jumper around...

Also another car to do the jumping....

Lastly, its very risky to do jump start on high electronic cars with computer on board ECU etc...

If possible dont do it...

You may blow your on board computer and that will cost you a bomb....:bawling::rofl:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Manual is to really enjoy the full driving experience of having the machine at your total control IF not stuck in traffic jams!
Advantage of auto is just to reduce the agony of stuck in jams and can do left foot braking like playing gokart.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Does that mean F1 drivers from the last 20yrs are not real drivers? :)
Normal autobox (cvt & entry level dual-clutch included) on the road are not the same as F1 gearbox bro. What matters to F1 drivers and teams is not driving experience but lap times! The new Porsche 911's PDK is more efficient and faster zerotohundred time than it's 7-speed manual. However, many auto journalists prefer the manual version in terms of driving feel and satisfaction (this is from what I read lah...). I live in kampung area, seldom face traffic jam except during Hari Raya and Chinese New Year only, heheh..

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Manual is to really enjoy the full driving experience of having the machine at your total control IF not stuck in traffic jams!
Advantage of auto is just to reduce the agony of stuck in jams and can do left foot braking like playing gokart.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Does that mean F1 drivers from the last 20yrs are not real drivers? :)
Could be pedantic...but....

You can't equate drivers who drives for a living and those who do it out of enjoyment. Lap times are all that matter fro F1 drivers, not feel (cheesy,yeah..but true..lol). DSG and sequentials and what not are not doubt faster, therefore, relevant to race teams, but for us? Not much, unless you time yourself while blasting through your favorite back roads, to which I say, more power to you.

For me, I take enjoyment in hitting that perfect heel and toe and slotting the gear as smooth as possible than worry about time...Might not be the same for you though.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Could be pedantic...but....

You can't equate drivers who drives for a living and those who do it out of enjoyment. Lap times are all that matter fro F1 drivers, not feel (cheesy,yeah..but true..lol). DSG and sequentials and what not are not doubt faster, therefore, relevant to race teams, but for us? Not much, unless you time yourself while blasting through your favorite back roads, to which I say, more power to you.

For me, I take enjoyment in hitting that perfect heel and toe and slotting the gear as smooth as possible than worry about time...Might not be the same for you though.
Normal autobox (cvt & entry level dual-clutch included) on the road are not the same as F1 gearbox bro. What matters to F1 drivers and teams is not driving experience but lap times! The new Porsche 911's PDK is more efficient and faster zerotohundred time than it's 7-speed manual. However, many auto journalists prefer the manual version in terms of driving feel and satisfaction (this is from what I read lah...). I live in kampung area, seldom face traffic jam except during Hari Raya and Chinese New Year only, heheh..
Hahaha, of course, I know2. LH also special ordered his Zonda 760R in manual. I was just joking guys. I also very much prefer manual if not often stuck in jams. :burnout:

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

It's like driving a slow car fast get more thrill than driving a fast car slow.
Driving a slow car fast actually takes so much balls, bordering on lunacy! Cuz it takes forever to reach high speeds, while fast powerful cars reach the higher speeds effortlessly. Moreover, slow cars also handles like a crap in the corners, hence if you can corner fast in a slow car, then you're likely also a bit nuts!

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Driving a slow car fast actually takes so much balls, bordering on lunacy! Cuz it takes forever to reach high speeds, while fast powerful cars reach the higher speeds effortlessly. Moreover, slow cars also handles like a crap in the corners, hence if you can corner fast in a slow car, then you're likely also a bit nuts!
So close to suicide, hence the thrill....kot..haha:rofl:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
the only con of manual is shift miss..then again, its skill, not the tranny

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Maybe its just me, but I think driving a manual vehicle in this case, a car is starting to become a lost art. To be precise a treasured art lol. I feel a bit worried that I soon may lost the midas touch of driving a manual car since everybody in my family is driving an automatic vehicle :banghead:

I think all of us agree despite what we all like / enjoy / want, by the end of the day you have no choice but to opt for auto for example most of the time driving in big cities, dad / mom / wifey cannot drive manual anymore so have no choice either to convert from manual to auto transmission, get a 2nd car with auto transmission or change to new car with auto transmission.

Anyway, I think I forgot to mention that another advantage of having an auto car is when u suddenly got your left leg injured hehe (right leg out of the story. manual or auto also cannot drive :rofl:) . If got friends or family members to drive you here and there ok la.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If not mistaken the govt want to implement license for auto tranny driver only. Means people can choose whether to learn manual and drive whatever car, or learn only driving an auto and can only drive an auto car. If that's true, then sure got damn a lot of young people don't know how to drive a manual in the future.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:( Hi bro... I got problem with my 8 months old kancil... It difficult to shift gear 1 to 2... it stick... after i press clutch again it's ok or i need to wait engine rpm lower.. danger people can bang me at the back.... hehehehh.... anyone have experience and face this problem... any solutions...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience