**Please Advise On Audio Setup**

Lolo Rider

Jan 13, 2010
The West Coast
Ok here's the scenario:

I have four 6x9 speakers,two tweeters that came with the player,two 4 inch speakers,1 mohawk single coil subwoofer and a cheap pre-amp my friend gave me.

I do not have an amp.I am not sure how to set this up because I am not sure what kind of amp i should buy.Is there a way to make all speakers and subwoofer work with the stuff I have now? If not,please advise on what I should do to my setup.

Thanks! :burnout:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
what car is it? can install the 6x9 in the door not? is there space for both 6x9 and 4inch speaker in the door? if not, install just the 4inch in the door, and choose the 2 better 6x9 and install them at the rear.
look for a 4ch amp, to run the sub and the front speakers. but u also need to find a pair of passive crossovers to put in between the tweeter & 4 inch speaker.
run the rear 6x9 from the head unit, not amp.

Lolo Rider

Jan 13, 2010
The West Coast
what car is it? can install the 6x9 in the door not? is there space for both 6x9 and 4inch speaker in the door? if not, install just the 4inch in the door, and choose the 2 better 6x9 and install them at the rear.
look for a 4ch amp, to run the sub and the front speakers. but u also need to find a pair of passive crossovers to put in between the tweeter & 4 inch speaker.
run the rear 6x9 from the head unit, not amp.
Thanks for the reply,It is a Toyota KE70. I think can install a pair of 6x9s in the doors but it is also possible to put all 4 6x9s in the rear deck.

the 4 inch I've thought about putting it in the front doors.Sub and passive crossovers? how much will this roughly cost including the wiring?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
all 4 units of 6x9 might be too much to power from the head unit, u might need another 2ch amp
passive crossover can look for 2nd hand, go to big shops, they will always have some lying around. can be some unused unit their customers not using. cost anywhere from 50-500
wiring also depends la, length, type & brand and fuses etc. 200-300 maybe

Lolo Rider

Jan 13, 2010
The West Coast
ok,that means if i just use 2 4 inch speakers,2 6x9s and 1 sub and pre amp,

all i would need is a passive crossover and a 2ch amplifier,correct? :D

duck_killer99

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006
not really u need a passive, but for sure u need some caps or passive for ur tweeter, if not ur tweeter will burst.......and also for sure u need an amp to power up for ur sub, hu can play on sub, again, ur hu or something will burst

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
ok,that means if i just use 2 4 inch speakers,2 6x9s and 1 sub and pre amp,

all i would need is a passive crossover and a 2ch amplifier,correct? :D
u need a 4ch amp and a pair of passives
front ch runs the front speakers, via a passive that u have to get to put in between the 4inch and tweeter
rear ch bridged to run the sub
run the 6x9 from the head unit internal amp

u may not need the pre amp if your player comes with 2 pairs of rca output. actually one pair also can, if your amp allows single input, look for a switch on the amp.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Or to any equally lightweight material...

Let's say hatch-back car, Satria for instance....

I know it's gonna cost a bomb... but how much eh?

Thanks in advance :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience