Pirelli confirmed as sole official tire supplier to F1 in 2011

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

The tire war is officially over and Pirelli has been confirmed as Formula One's sole tire supplier in 2011. The FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) confirmed the deal today.

Bridgestone announced last year that it would leave F1 at the end of 2010, throwing open the prestigious position. Pirelli has been the favourite for some time but the decision needed to be ratified by the WMSC.

"Pirelli has been selected as the single tyre supplier for the FIA Formula One World Championship for a period of three years, commencing in 2011," said a statement by the FIA. "The sole supplier will undertake to strictly respect the sporting and technical regulations implemented by the FIA."

Michelin had been in contention as well but the French firm wanted another tire supplier to compete with. Michelin also wanted the rim sizes to be upped to 18 inches over the current 13.

Pirelli last supplied tyres to F1 in 1991.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I am having this problem for quite some time. My car tend to go left even in an even road. Steering also can feel lighter when turning to left than turning to right. I have gone to a lot of tyre shop to do alignment and balancing but didn't solve the problem. I need an opinion of what could be the cause of this, can anyone help me please..:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience