Petrol vapour going inside....

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
Hi alls,

Actually i got a probs which is the petrol vapour going inside my car since the air con is turned on. It can be smell only when the car stopped for a while at traffic light etc. I have done phisically inspection but never found the uncovered holes above/near the fuel tank. Does anybody knows what is going on?

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
it normal not only come from the petrol tank but also can be from your fuel host which at your engine compartment...

Check the fuel intake and return piping as well as there should be leaking there as well...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i suggest u drive to the nearest mechanic shop
i suspect a hose leaking, dnt drive it , u might cause a fire

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
yes pls dun drive ur car!!mine caught fire that way!and it wasnt my fault cuz mech repaired d engine without fixing d fuel hose tightly n when he started it...kabooom!!!if u havent sent it to d mech yet pls go get a fire extinguisher for emergency purposes...u nvr know...just for safetys sake....it only costs rm20++ at Ace...

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
I'll be demn... Just happen that I take a ride on my friend car... His car got the same problem... The petrol fume is noticeable when he turn the a/c on... when I switch off the a/c & roll down the window... the fume still there but not as strong when he turned on the a/c... Will ask him to send the car to the mechs... :listen:

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
yes pls dun drive ur car!!mine caught fire that way!and it wasnt my fault cuz mech repaired d engine without fixing d fuel hose tightly n when he started it...kabooom!!!if u havent sent it to d mech yet pls go get a fire extinguisher for emergency purposes...u nvr know...just for safetys sake....it only costs rm20++ at Ace...
ayooo...so serious tu bro! actually this prob was happened to me quite long....axtinguisher is already in my car but its not the way to solve it laaa...ok, i will bring it tomorrow...thanks for your advice my friends