Overhaul

kopking10

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Hi, I just want to ask how much will it come to if i want to overhaul my engine.

I m using a proton iswara 1.5... And how long do i need to leave my car at the workshop....

Thank you.

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
drop me in a new engine la... hehe

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
i just wonder.. what ppl usually do at overhaul.. change wat? replace what? repair/clean what?

then got what top overhaul n full overhaul? got other type?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
full or top?depending on ur engine condition.and where's the prob.

its like a total in and out cleaning process of ur engine.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
5 years back...my old car...mitsubishi lancer A174
using Orion engine...
white smoke came out...so bought a new and not very good condition engine, for RM250 :D :D..."enjin lantai"
everything strip, until the crank shaft bearing...full overhauled except the gearbox...
crank shaft, pistons, carburator, all in good condition...
all oil seals, gasket, piston ring, new water pump and labour charge...plus port polish the intake and exhaust outlet...grand total...cost me not more RM1000...that's way 5 years time...now don't know...

how long...it depends on the mech itself...

with that engine, I travelled all across peninsular m'sia...still running strong for 5 years...until the day i sold it...now the new owner convert to another engine...:D

plus...with that engine...can play2 with satria 1.6CC :D :D

Last edited:

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Top overhaul means you get a new set of pistons or just change the piston ring and cleaning of your valves and inspection of the crankshafts condition.

Full overhaul means opening up your whole engine, getting new bearing, new gasket, new piston rings, maybe even pistons, pulley, springs etc etc.

It depends on your engine condition itself, a full overhaul will cost you way more then a top overhaul, if your engine is running fine and its eating some black oil, then just get your piston rings replaced. Do not waste much money on overhauling, better go for transplant as it will cost less and you can ge a slightly more powerfull engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Back in 2005, and more precisely, during the Tokyo Motor Show 2005, Nissan unveiled one of the most interesting concept cars of the entire event, the PIVO. To put it simply, Nissan came out with a round cute car with a cabin which was able to rotate on itself 360 degrees.

Anyway, due to the success of the first generation, Nissan will come out with a 2nd generation of this PIVO with several tweeks that you will discover in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience