opinion on ice setup

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
for sub? class-D monoblock?
Oh hell no. This is a Dual-mono class AB amp. Dual-mono in this case means each channel are running its own components and don't share anything between channels except probably the power supply. What this means to purists is clean clear sound without any possibility of distortion from shared components and crosstalk etc. It's subjectable whether you can really hear the differences but this Genesis is one underrated amp. It gives out way more power than the rated power. It's a good amp, except you need to have lots of luck not to buy a damaged unit. These amps are quite old but I guess if the amp is always powered and used, then it's ok. If it's in the store room for a long time you better 'run it in' slowly and properly.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Extra alternator gonna sap your engine power I suspect. Personally I'm happy with my 70A stock alternator and NS70 battery. Could use a 1F power cap or a power conditioner like the one from Helix or something, but no budget man.

Anyway, where is the TS? Let's all ajak him to poison him into starting ICE.
Yup, those Thai trucks, are mostly turbo diesel.....but the Ice setup are just terror.....

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Oh hell no. This is a Dual-mono class AB amp. Dual-mono in this case means each channel are running its own components and don't share anything between channels except probably the power supply. What this means to purists is clean clear sound without any possibility of distortion from shared components and crosstalk etc. It's subjectable whether you can really hear the differences but this Genesis is one underrated amp. It gives out way more power than the rated power. It's a good amp, except you need to have lots of luck not to buy a damaged unit. These amps are quite old but I guess if the amp is always powered and used, then it's ok. If it's in the store room for a long time you better 'run it in' slowly and properly.
nope, its 2 channel amp, can be use to power your front component
owh, great info there.
by the way, im not asking whether that amplifier is for subwoofer..

thats additional inquiry for pure sq setup..are using monoblock class -D is the best for subwoofer?

Anyway, good info there...never knew it before..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
owh, great info there.
by the way, im not asking whether that amplifier is for subwoofer..

thats additional inquiry for pure sq setup..are using monoblock class -D is the best for subwoofer?

Anyway, good info there...never knew it before..
Dual-mono 2-channel isn't necessarily for sub. Can be used but it would be a waste.

Personally I find Class AB monoblocks better for subwoofer. If you ever have the opportunity to test side by side, the same woofer and a class D vs class AB, you'll hear a difference in the type of bass produced by the two amps. One of the most awesome monoblocks - TRU Hammer was a class AB.

That's not saying class-D is bad. It's good but personally I prefer class AB.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Problem:
Many people COMPLAIN about the rising fuel cost and the cost of vehicle maintenance, but very few ACT on it.

The Solution:
CNG - Compressed Natural Gas. It is a well-known fact that CNG is a SAFE and ECONOMICAL form of energy to run your cars

The Facts:

Please click on the links below to get an in-depth idea of the BENEFITS involved in NGV conversion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience