Number 1 Plate Sold for US$14.5 Million

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Sometime ago we reported the sale of the F1 number place that went for slightly less than a million US dollars, then there was the number 5 number plate that went for a few millions in the middle east and now this, a record US$14.5million for UAE license plate number 1.

Owner and Arabian billionaire businessman, Saeed Abdul Ghaffar Khouri is yet to decide which of his assuredly many vehicles he will mount the plate on but what is really baffling is that Mr. Khouri was reportedly willing to pay twice as much as he did, an astonishing US$30 million! The money made from the sale is apparently going to be used to assist victims of traffic accidents.

In a land where wealth is determined by what car you drive and what number plate you have, Mr. Khouri stands alone with his number plate, at the number 1 spot with his number 1 plate.

xenith

May 31, 2007
Too much money, don't know what to do with it...

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
all our money used for pumping petrol is used to finance these bloody idiots that just happen to live on their fuel rich countries. :hmmmm:

integram

Known Member
Apr 10, 2007
dats crazy..............

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Too much money, don't know what to do with it...
dude..correct me if im wrong... the 15mil goes for charity right? the car accident victims.. i mean if im right, he does know what he's doing...

parawisata79

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
hahaha.. got big money so dunno wat to do..
cos of that reason, he wanna give his money to the car accident victims..
by buying this plate number..

cheers..!!

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
USD 14.5 million goes to assist victims of traffic accidents?? :hmmmm:

My oh my .... there must be alot of them then in UAE ... probably caused by the very same people who drive those expensive & fast cars there ...... :thefinger: :thefinger:

AIDS

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
victim of traffic accident?....izzit the 250km/h accord/camry high speed drift he meant?...

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
i think its ok.. cause the money is goin to charity..and the buyer once quoted tat amount he spend is ntg compare to his family fortune..it might sound a little bosting, but at least he did some charity..unlike so tycoon who live as a miser so tat he can die rich...

2point9

Dec 1, 2007
well , as far as it go for the UAE billionaires or millionaires perhaps .. I think this is still a reasonable amount for a number "1" plate. If you were to go down to Dubai you will notice most of the supercars somehow in doubles or triple digits bare the number "1" or "5" due to its significances. If that money is going to charity then I guess this is one kind hearted billionaire.. 14.5/100000000 << small amount. its like a tip. hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

brothers..

in need of help..sifus...i wan to install a piggyback...e-manage probably...wanna remove the limiter...one thing i wanna ask..can a 4G18 internals withstand/tahan the high revving..cos now..i noticed the rev cut is at bout 4k++...

thnx guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience