The Nurburgring Days are Numbered!

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

The highly revered automotive playground is seeing its days numbered, Yes we’re talking about the Nurburgring which is sadly at high risk without any sight of the EU jumping in to help bail it out. Rich in racing heritage yet after 85 years (since 1927) of automotive history having graced its tarmac, it’s almost considered a pauper today.

<!--more-->The ‘Green Hell’ or the ‘Ring’ as many have come to call it has been synonymous with motoring legends of current and late, having helped many of today’s well known marquees bring to you fantastic driving machines after having been blessed with the fires of the ‘Green Hell’.

After Kai Righter and Jörg Lindner took possession of the ‘Ring’ and added a rather large theme park, a new roller coaster ride, a 3,000 seat event-arena, a shopping mall and a huge hotel with an oversupply of rooms; they ran out of cash. The non-motorsports oriented duo had initially promised private financing which sadly never materialised.

That’s not all, it seems all is not transparent, with much political involvement that runs so deep you could call it a conspiracy with claimed visitor numbers that go as high as 2 million per annum. However, the truth always seems to find its way out with actual figures running around under 400,000 per annum instead.

The only way now is that the ‘Ring’ gets a 13 million Euro life-line, but it all seems rather bleak for the moment since the EU doesn’t want anything to do with it after pumping in well over half a billion Euros over the last two years thanks to those ‘wise-guys’. Either way, the risk of the ‘Ring’ possibly vanishing just like that in a puff of exhaust looms ever closer, at least till the end of this year that is.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/VgAgCnr_1r8?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="450" width="600"></iframe>

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i almost cried when i heard the news that nurb. going to fold down.....

cgui

500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
Setapak
shit .. wat a waste .. hope they can save the track .. else can only enjoy it on PS only..

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Money talks my friends.. Unless anyone of you are billionaires and are willing to take over management, then its curtains for the ring.

crazybiscut

Known Member
Jun 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well i dont think they are gonna destroy the road that itself would cost too much my best guess is no more racing there but maybe it becomes an abandoned road maybe ilegal racing will arise?

drMpower

May 1, 2006
this is a GOOD news, if u read James May News

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
one day while playing his PlayStation 18, my son will ask, "dad, this awesome track... does it really exist? Why they shut it down??" ...

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
paging for najib razak... paging for najib razak or rosmah...
buy this place using <s>the rakyat's</s> your money and this is one purchase that we will not complain about..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
EU having debt contagion all over the place, Spanish bond yield currently above 7%, and Germany still currently questioning the legality of its participation in ESM will took them 2 months to finalize their decision, apparently, some German lawmakers, academics, and political groups have a couple of objections to Germany's role in the ESM fund. Since EFSF has only left 240billions EUR untill September before the ESM launch, tight austerity is only way for them to last the remaining 240billions untill september.

Last edited: