News: Hyundai wants to enter Formula 1

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
well, good news for Hyundai is the engine development freezing, which means Hyundai doesn't need to spend too much on the engine part.

However, it also means that aerodynamic play a much more important role, each team will definitely spend more budget to tweak their aero setup.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Honda and Toyota took about 2 years preparation before they got into F1- Honda had a stil born chasis/engine project in the late 90's lead by the late Harvey Posthewaite. But that didnt go anywhere and in the end Honda bought over ex Tyrrel ex BAR team. They have a history of success with the engines so it was easy for them.

Toyota on the other hand started from scratch.

I guess Hyundai could start from scratch too but they have no history of racing apart from Rallying. It would take alot of time and money to get into F1 proper.

The Super Aguri guys did really well to snap together a team in the off season- I guess Hyundai would pull togethe a team quickly but they - again dont have ex drivers like Aguri Suzuki etc to get things going.

Korean doesnt even have a team in A1- so no driver talent to pick from too.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
ARTC5859, i believe Korean will hire western driver, unlike Super Aguri -- at least 1 driver is japanese, best if all driver line up is japanese.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Yes I agree with you. Pick up a veteran like D.C or Montoya (eek) or test driver like Pedro De La Rosa...or a young guy

OR do something insane like putting Valentino Rossi in ha ha!

Lots of Japanese Drivers or drivers in Japan to pick from Michael Krumm and Ralph Firman have F1 experience as well as Satoshi Motoyama tested for Jordan and Tora Takagi drove for Tyrrel.

There are couple of Japanese drivers in Indy car too that could be brought over

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Rossi will only stick with Marlboro i think :biggrin:
DC in Hyundai? Give him unlimited model girl friend supply will do.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, my company is doing a car research on 25th-26th Aug in Klang Valley on current CABRIOLET, COUPE, ROADSTER owner, we are targeting new car owner of

MAZDA MX5 (Car owner since year 2008 till present)

(Car owner since August 2009 till present)
PEUGEOT RCZ COUPE
VOLKSWAGEN SCIROCCO
VOLKSWAGEN EOS CC
AUDI TT
MINI (all versions except CLUBMAN)
PEUGEOT 308CC
RENAULT MEGANE CABRIO COUPE
SUBARU WRX STI
NISSAN GT-R
NISSAN SKYLINE...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience